Mn bear lottery

The Beast’s of the North woods. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Mn bear lottery

Unread postby dan » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:07 am

Jim Wallner wrote:It’s a full 4 point draw in 31 now. I wouldn’t be surprised to see it become 50% with 4 and 50% with 5 points. Lots of applications now in this zone because we have the seconds highest tags. We went from 3,000-2,500 down to 500 in 10 years. Makes it’s hard to run a business. Now that WI is getting easier to get a tag we noticed our WI applicants are down a bit.

The forest service sentnout letters two weeks ago. No more commercial licenses will be issued on superior forest lands. Only previous active holders. The way I see it. It’s going to go like commercial turtle and lake netting licenses. Only the apprentice on the guide license will be able to continue when the owner quits.

I could be wrong but, I think we are seeing the beginning of the end of commercial bear hunting. The BWCA has already eliminated bait fish harvest.

That's pretty interesting... Most folks would not be able to hunt bear there if it were not for guides like yourself.

Skyler_2010
Facebook: I don't have a facebook

Re: Mn bear lottery

Unread postby Skyler_2010 » Sat May 05, 2018 3:04 am

I have decided I'm gonna buy a point and scout for sure this year but I'm gonna try and wait in line for a left over tag since it won't burn any points but can get me hunting.
"If your not helping hunting, your hurting hunting." Fred Bear.

• Advertisement

Return to “Bear Hunting”