Will miss opening of Baiting

The Beast’s of the North woods. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Re: Will miss opening of Baiting

Unread postby Stanley » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:47 pm

Bummer for sure. Hope you heal up fast.

You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
rickwalley

Unread postby rickwalley » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:28 am

Mike…
Are you sure you "accidentally" got that cast wet ??
Hoping you get back in the woods on time. I know alot of people appreciate your reports!!
Mike Foss
500 Club

Unread postby Mike Foss » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:07 am

rickwalley wrote:Mike…
Are you sure you "accidentally" got that cast wet ??
Hoping you get back in the woods on time. I know alot of people appreciate your reports!!

Wasnt on purpose but when it was wet, a :idea: went off in my head and it worked :clap:
john1984

Unread postby john1984 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:11 am

With all the snow still on the ground are you missing much??? Are bears wandering around yet or still fasting in their dens???
Mike Foss
500 Club

Unread postby Mike Foss » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:37 pm

john1984 wrote:With all the snow still on the ground are you missing much??? Are bears wandering around yet or still fastingin their dens???

They are always nourished during the winter months and just live off there fat reserves. I am sure they are hunkered down somewhere if not in there winter hiding place. This weekend with the temps in the 50s and snow melting some will venture out and get in trouble at the neighbors bird feeders lol. As soon as this snow melts and is about gone NWO will place some baits out there to try and get some pictures of bears in the snow....how cool would that be.
john1984

Unread postby john1984 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:20 pm

Mike Foss wrote:
john1984 wrote:With all the snow still on the ground are you missing much??? Are bears wandering around yet or still fastingin their dens???

They are always nourished during the winter months and just live off there fat reserves. I am sure they are hunkered down somewhere if not in there winter hiding place. This weekend with the temps in the 50s and snow melting some will venture out and get in trouble at the neighbors bird feeders lol. As soon as this snow melts and is about gone NWO will place some baits out there to try and get some pictures of bears in the snow....how cool would that be.

I'm guessing these next few days would be a great time to locate their winter dens??????

I've never tried that.
Mike Foss
500 Club

Unread postby Mike Foss » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:44 am

Little update....still not back to work...I think the weather was stalling for me to get back in the woods, I am walking without crutches, do use a cane once in awhile, going through PT. Wont be long before I can venture out but will be another two months before I can really put on some miles with the foot. Little bird told me bears are already checking out the bait stations :D Image
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:17 am

You're a Franken bear hunter...
Good healing Bear Sire
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
Mike Foss
500 Club

Unread postby Mike Foss » Fri May 04, 2018 1:44 pm

Finally out in the big woods of Northern Bayfield County, man does it feel good, foot is sore but holding up good, put on a heavier boot today for support. Tomorrow, Robert and I are setting up two bait stations with cameras, very excited, then we are off to scout out more private property we just acquired for bears. :dance: :dance: :dance:

• Advertisement

Return to “Bear Hunting”