Anyone get a unsold MN bear tag

The Beast’s of the North woods. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

swampyak
500 Club

Anyone get a unsold MN bear tag

Unread postby swampyak » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:25 am

I tried to get my oldest one but they were sold out in our area in less than 15 seconds

Mountain Man
500 Club

Re: Anyone get a unsold MN bear tag

Unread postby Mountain Man » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:28 am

I tried and the system was so slow by the time I got through they were all sold out.
Ccwalker
Facebook: Pinemartenpossibles

Unread postby Ccwalker » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:27 pm

I think your only chance is to be the first one at an els with someone who knows what they're doing behind the counter. I don't know how some people get one every year?
Freelance Bowhunter
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bernie.barringer.5/

Unread postby Freelance Bowhunter » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:24 am

There has got to be a secret to it somehow. Some guys are getting them every year and I have never got one, and several friends are trying and have never got one. Not sure but I think the people getting them are doing it online somehow.
Mountain Man
500 Club

Unread postby Mountain Man » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:37 am

Freelance Bowhunter wrote:There has got to be a secret to it somehow. Some guys are getting them every year and I have never got one, and several friends are trying and have never got one. Not sure but I think the people getting them are doing it online somehow.

It does appear that way.

I'm lucky in that I can at least be at a computer when they do go on sale. I had all my stuff ready to go and if the system didn't get bogged down I could have had all my info entered in way less than 30 seconds.

I feel bad for the guys that can't take time off or be on a computer for when the surplus tags go on sale.

Wyoming had complaints about this type of thing for their left over big game tags so they changed the system this year. Anyone that wanted a leftover tag for a given unit submitted an application for the leftover tag lottery. There was a time frame that this could be done. Then a lottery was conducted and the tags were drawn at random. If MN went to that type of system, it would probably take some time and money on the DNR's part to set it up, but IMO it would give everyone a more equal chance of getting a leftover tag, especially for the guys that aren't available when the tags go on sale.
Bearman13
Facebook: Fall River Outfitters LLC

Unread postby Bearman13 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:49 am

I've gotten one every time I've tried until this year. This year I tried online. Had all my stuff entered and hit purchase and the system bogged down.

• Advertisement

Return to “Bear Hunting”