Northern Wisconsin Outfitters bear camp (live updates)

The Beast’s of the North woods. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dewey

Re: Northern Wisconsin Outfitters bear camp (live updates)

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:16 am

Just got a call from my taxidermist and said my bear rug is done. :dance:

Gonna be a few days till I can get over to pick it up. Can't wait.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Mike Foss
500 Club

Unread postby Mike Foss » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:55 am

That was fast Dewey....Post pics when you have time.
Loppy

Unread postby Loppy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:23 am

I love everything about the Beast! And this is why! I was looking back in the archives and found this. I couldn't stop reading! Makes me wish I had a bear tag again this year. Love the live from the hunt, play by play that guys post on here! Makes for good off season reading! Belated congrats Dewey! Awesome write up!
Mike Foss
500 Club

Unread postby Mike Foss » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:39 am

Loppy wrote:I love everything about the Beast! And this is why! I was looking back in the archives and found this. I couldn't stop reading! Makes me wish I had a bear tag again this year. Love the live from the hunt, play by play that guys post on here! Makes for good off season reading! Belated congrats Dewey! Awesome write up!

It is awesome, isn't it! Love this !!!!
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:05 pm

Loppy wrote:I love everything about the Beast! And this is why! I was looking back in the archives and found this. I couldn't stop reading! Makes me wish I had a bear tag again this year. Love the live from the hunt, play by play that guys post on here! Makes for good off season reading! Belated congrats Dewey! Awesome write up!

Thanks. Just read the entire thread again. Sure was a fun hunt. 8-)
Mike Foss
500 Club

Unread postby Mike Foss » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:20 am

Dewey wrote:

Thanks. Just read the entire thread again. Sure was a fun hunt. 8-)

You blew it!!!! (Ghost bear) :lol: Dewey...you are the only hunter to have visually see the Ghost...even though he didn't look at you in the tree he new you were there. Those monster mature bears are something else aren't they! He is becoming one of our legendary bears, just need a hunter willing to pass the smaller ones up. The big beast was hitting that bait station as early as 10:00 am on a consistent basis, I am right smack in the middle of his core area and he feels very comfortable in there with me and Rob but when someone else shows up (hunters different scent) red flag goes up and its caution to the wind then he disappears. I think I will have the hunter enter from the highway, hunter sneaks in as quite as possible, I will wait till hunter is set up then drive in at the cabin like usual then bait. Ghost uses our entrance trail about 75% of the time, I think when he smells a different human scent that's where we loose him. I will get it figured out and kill him this year :pray:
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:32 am

Awesome Mike. I'm looking forward to the hunt

• Advertisement

Return to “Bear Hunting”