Gonna buy bait this week... Good ratio?

The Beast’s of the North woods. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

bowhunter15
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/DIY-Spor ... 3136327062

Re: Gonna buy bait this week... Good ratio?

Unread postby bowhunter15 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:18 pm

They got more trail mix today. Picked up a barrel along with a few bags of gummies, 40 pounds of donut frosting, 40 pounds of chocolate icing, blueberry spray scent, and bacon spray scent. Just gotta decide what to use for filler now.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Justin85

Unread postby Justin85 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:48 pm

crappieangler wrote:Not to jack the thread, but do any of you guys ever use fresh fruit? I dump apples, pears, peaches at mineral sites here for deer and they eat 5-15 gallons in a couple days. I figured the bears love berries and it'd be a free option to provide for a base since they ripen in August, add in some bread and top it off with pie filling or some sort of sweet. Thought I'd try a bait like that when I go to Minnesota in the next year or two, be something different that others may not use and keep a site active?

They'll rake apples up in a pile down south and lay on them and gorge themselves. Comical to see pics of on trail cams.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:58 pm

crappieangler wrote:Not to jack the thread, but do any of you guys ever use fresh fruit? I dump apples, pears, peaches at mineral sites here for deer and they eat 5-15 gallons in a couple days. I figured the bears love berries and it'd be a free option to provide for a base since they ripen in August, add in some bread and top it off with pie filling or some sort of sweet. Thought I'd try a bait like that when I go to Minnesota in the next year or two, be something different that others may not use and keep a site active?
I've tried apples before and some ate them and others didn't. It seems bear are allot like humans. What one bear likes the other doesn't. I would be interested in trying peaches.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Bearman13
Facebook: Fall River Outfitters LLC

Unread postby Bearman13 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:03 am

Watermelons, work good. Find a veggie stand. Ask for the rotten stuff.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Bear Hunting”