Remote

The Beast’s of the North woods. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

john1984

Remote

Unread postby john1984 » Tue May 13, 2014 2:41 am

I here you guys saying ya gotta go in deep and remote and away from humans, but I hear some of you say hunters are all over the place, yet you still kill bears. I think Dan has killed bears close to other hunters baits. Like his bath tub bear for instance. If human pressure is low why the need to go in deep?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Remote

Unread postby dan » Tue May 13, 2014 4:25 am

Its not so much "deep" its more that you need to be close to where the bear lives and closer than the next guy... If there is 6 baits in your area and the bear has to walk past two of them to get to yours my bet is most of your hits are going to be at night.
I want to be close to a spot the bear feels comfortable living at. Bears are easily bumped out of there bedding areas so they like secure spots where people don't go... You can get close though, and thats what I do...

With the bathtub bear, i was close to a road and close to a lot of hunters. TRUE. But, I followed the bear from the backyard feeder he was feeding at till his trail entered a dense cold swamp where I WAS SURE HE WAS BEDDING. I had my bait in the 1st location closest to his bed and was using good bait.

• Advertisement

Return to “Bear Hunting”