comedy relief

The Beast’s of the North woods. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

comedy relief

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:45 pm

Before being rained out by several days of severe thunderstorms/hail/sideways rain, I had a small scrapper of a bear come in to my bait at 1:30 in the afternoon. He was very nervous because of the big bears in the area, and in fact he never ate any of the bait which included treats that you would think he couldn't resist. Instead he jumped on my bait bin, jumped off and ripped the lid off. He buried his head in the bait and did a summersault. He buried his head under the bait again and lied down while swimming his arms in the bait to spread it about. He followed this by ramming his head and neck about the bait in an apparent attempt to scent mark the area and to get scent on himself. Next, he stood on all fours with his head upside down and between his legs and lying on the ground. He walked backwards while dragging his upside down head and neck on the ground, all around the bait. His finishing performance was to back scratch the tree next to the bait for about a minute before racing off without ever eating. He had me laughing so hard I had to cover my mouth so that I wouldn't be heard... got it all on film, what a performance! Bear hunting is a special treat.

Dewey

Re: comedy relief

Unread postby Dewey » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:15 pm

Very funny stuff!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Non-hunters will never understand the what they are missing out on by not spending time in the woods. I am amazed by some of the things mother nature shows me in the wild every year.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:33 pm

Sweet... I am always fascinated watching wild bears. They sure put on a show!
Last year in Minnesota I had a decent bear come in the 1st day and while he was eating he glanced up and saw me. He was not sure what I was so he walked off the bait and completely circled me till he was down wind and then let out a woof.. About 5 or v10 minutes later he returned to the bait but this time he did not even look at the bait he just steadily walked strait at my tree staring at me until he was 10m yards away. He laid down and put his head on his paws and stared at me as if he was waiting for me to come down. After about another 10 minutes he got up and walked away...
Those cool moments are what a bear hunter lives for! It ain't about killing, its about the adventure!
Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:49 am

Good stuff SB!!

Those cool moments are what a bear hunter lives for! It ain't about killing, its about the adventure!
Been saying this for years Dan. Couldn't agree more bud!!!
Wrinkleneck
500 Club

Unread postby Wrinkleneck » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:29 am

:lol:

• Advertisement

Return to “Bear Hunting”