WI Bear Outfitter

The Beast’s of the North woods. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Mike Foss
500 Club

Re: WI Bear Outfitter

Unread postby Mike Foss » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:57 pm

Geeeeez Dan, your going to have to start charging Snowbelt Custom Outfitters for some advertising....... :lol:

spartan91

Unread postby spartan91 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:47 am

Sure did not post here in an attempt to urinate in any ones cornflakes. Mike Foss, you are obviously respected here on the Beast bear threads. I don't know you, but my impression of you is very positive and I hope to meet you someday, as we both seem to have the same passion for bear hunting and putting fellow hunters onto good bears. That being said, it is absolutely not my intention to rub you or any one else the wrong way. Good luck to you and your bear camp 2014!
Mike Foss
500 Club

Unread postby Mike Foss » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:42 pm

After coming back and re-reading it I new it was going to get me in trouble...It was meant as a friendly post my friend, now if you guided in Zone D we might have a problem LOL LOL. H.B. is open to anyone who wants to share stories, pictures, ideas or even create a little business for themselves. Its a great way to get the word out. Welcome to the Hunting Beast and looking forward to your stories and pictures.

Mike
spartan91

Unread postby spartan91 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:36 pm

Anyone asks us about zone D hunting, your name is what they will hear. I have read enough on the Beast to form the opinion that you are a good person with superb knowledge of your area. We are involved with a non profit that takes wounded combat veterans and handicapped children on hunting and fishing trips. A portion of the proceeds of the hunts we set up go to them. Last season we took 3 wounded and partially disabled vets archery and rifle hunting, one wounded vet muzzleloader hunting and bought him a muzzleloader as he did not have one and a group of wounded vets ice fishing in St Germain a few weeks ago. Most of the cost of these trips were paid for from selling hunts to the average Joes and out of our own pockets. This is just a little about who we are Mike and to ensure we are not some fly by nighters trying to slide into your turf HAHA. Like I said earlier, we want NOTHING to do with stepping on any ones toes. Looking forward to swapping stories and seeing some pics from your bear camp this season!
Mike Foss
500 Club

Unread postby Mike Foss » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:45 pm

That's great that you do that, we have for years now taken disabled hunters and children with cancer at no cost to them or there families or sponsors. Its amazing meeting and having them in camp. You might have gotten the wrong impression about me, don't care if there are others guiding near me like others do, plenty of room, in fact when I am fully booked I recommend other guides in my area to hunters looking for a bear guide. They have waited years to get that precious tag why not help out. Good luck to your clients this year.

BEAR HUNTERS..................PLEASE
If there is any advise I can give to bear hunters about looking and booking a WI Bear Guide, Please inquire about hunts a year, even two ahead of time and stay in contact with the Guide you choose, let them know when you are going to apply for that kill tag, if they have a list, get on it. As much as I like return clients things change and just because you hunted with them 6,7,8 years ago doesn't mean there are going to be openings for them when they receive there tag. Please Inquire ahead of time.
GyrPer1

Unread postby GyrPer1 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:02 pm

Got my tag this year and am looking for a placein Zone A. What's my best bet? Bow only!!!

• Advertisement

Return to “Bear Hunting”