Jeleous of you bear hunters.

The Beast’s of the North woods. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

jonsimoneau
500 Club

Jeleous of you bear hunters.

Unread postby jonsimoneau » Mon May 27, 2013 8:38 am

I've never hunted bears and have only seen a handful of them in the wild. I'd sure like to do it someday. But I really enjoy reading these bear hunting threads. Very interesting stuff and I've learned that there is alot more to hunting bears than just dumping bait on the ground and shooting a bear! Good luck to you guys this spring.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Jeleous of you bear hunters.

Unread postby dan » Mon May 27, 2013 10:28 am

Hope you get to try it some time... Its a blast.
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Mon May 27, 2013 10:37 am

Same here. A bear hunt with bow in hand is on my list. Unfortunately, I do not know anyone personally that hunt bear that could help me out with getting started.
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Mon May 27, 2013 11:17 am

Just do It guys. Gotta start sometime. For me It's my favorite big game animal to hunt. I have a huge passion for bear hunting. The learning curve Is huge which most haven't a clue or don't believe there's much to It when It comes to "baiting" bear.
jonsimoneau
500 Club

Unread postby jonsimoneau » Tue May 28, 2013 6:48 am

Schultzy, I can tell by your posts that you are indeed a passionate bear hunter. I'm thinking I better try this soon. I've become fascinated by reading all of the posts on this site about hunting bears. Please excuse my ignorance but I honestly thought there wasn't much to it other than putting some bait out and shooting a bear. And this was my thinking even though I'm a pretty experienced bowhunter! I can only imagine the perceptions of non-hunters. But I recently was talking with Barry Wensel and he was telling bear hunting tales (he has alot of them) and my interest was re-ignighted. I wish you guys a successful spring!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Tue May 28, 2013 8:18 am

I will be going on my first bear hunt this fall in Northern WI, with an outfitter. I too have no experince with bear hunting and don't live close to huntable land. In WI you got to apply for points and takes a few years to get a kill tag, so I thought an outfitter was the best route for me. Can't wait!
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Tue May 28, 2013 8:39 am

Black Squirrel wrote:I will be going on my first bear hunt this fall in Northern WI, with an outfitter. I too have no experince with bear hunting and don't live close to huntable land. In WI you got to apply for points and takes a few years to get a kill tag, so I thought an outfitter was the best route for me. Can't wait!

I think an outfitter is a good way to get started... Just make sure you get a good one.
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Wed May 29, 2013 4:37 am

dan wrote:
Black Squirrel wrote:I will be going on my first bear hunt this fall in Northern WI, with an outfitter. I too have no experince with bear hunting and don't live close to huntable land. In WI you got to apply for points and takes a few years to get a kill tag, so I thought an outfitter was the best route for me. Can't wait!

I think an outfitter is a good way to get started... Just make sure you get a good one.

Going with Mike Foss. I have heard good things about him and talked to him personaly at the Green bay Deer show last year. He has a good reputation on here.
Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Fri May 31, 2013 10:58 am

Good luck Black Squirrel. You will have a blast and bear hunting will now forever be in your blood.
RaisedByWolves
500 Club

Unread postby RaisedByWolves » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:48 am

I too am finally going on my first bear hunt in northern WI this fall. I really want to shoot one with my bow! Really excited for I also have only seen a few of these in the wild. Always been a central or southern WI deer hunter. A good friend and I applied as a group and he has been doing this his whole life because his father used to guide bear hunters. Needless to say I'm going to be reading all the old posts I can find on here before we start baiting next month.
When better is possible, good is never good enough

• Advertisement

Return to “Bear Hunting”