Another bear season with no bear.

The Beast’s of the North woods. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

natvbearhntr
500 Club

Another bear season with no bear.

Unread postby natvbearhntr » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:33 am

Lately I find myself struggling to stay in the stand when I am hunting. I remember when I was younger I would love sitting in the stand, I could visualize which direction deer would come from and I'd sit with great anticipation waiting for them to come in. Since I have started bear hunting I have noticed that deer hunting doesn't seem to excite me too much anymore. I don't know if it is because my bear and deer season run together or if I have it my head that I need to shoot a trophy bear? But I think I burn myself out with all the baiting and the number of trips I have to make to the woods. I seen a few bear this year but nothing I would consider a trophy. I'll use Dan's advice and setup a new area next year in hopes of getting and trophy to come in during the daylight. Sorry just rambling, its my last day of work for 11 days and I am very bored.

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Re: Another bear season with no bear.

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:35 am

Bummer on the no bear.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:40 am

When It comes to any hunting Its called hunting for a reason and not getting. I know you know that natvbearhntr but some people don't. It sounds as though your passion Is with bear hunting and not deer hunting as much. There's nothing In the least wrong with that. We all have our favs.

Best of luck next year!
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:30 am

I know you are an experienced bear hunter but if you have any questions or just want to share tactics, shoot me a pm!! PLB...

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
natvbearhntr
500 Club

Unread postby natvbearhntr » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:42 am

Thanks Guys and thanks for the offer PLB I'll take you up on that before I start next season. I am an experienced hunting but only a couple years of bear hunting. Dan has helped me with stand location and I am going to use that next season and I got a few good tips from other here as well. What I really need to learn is how to get the big bear to come in during the day. I get them on camera late night or early morning but not much during the day. Unless I'm not in the stand of course.. lol.. Thanks again.
dirt nap giver

Unread postby dirt nap giver » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:00 am

Never bear hunted before, but could you use terrain to change it up a bit? Might be a stupid suggestion. Try to stay positive

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
hard work trumps talent, when talent fails to work hard
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:11 am

natvbearhntr, Have you looked thru some of the old bear posts in the bear part of this forum... There are some great tips and discussions about bear tactics. Feel free to bump them. I love hunting and talking about big bears.
Liberty-Hunt
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/liberty.hunt.188

Unread postby Liberty-Hunt » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:09 am

Keep learning and courage!
"Huntingly",
L-H

GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!
natvbearhntr
500 Club

Unread postby natvbearhntr » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:46 pm

Dan to be 100% honest I must have some kind of ADD!!! lol. If I don't get hooked on a topic in the first two maybe 3 lines I get lost and my mind starts to wonder. I will go through and try to read up on some of the older posts.. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Return to “Bear Hunting”