looking for a reputable bear hunting outfitter

The Beast’s of the North woods. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

looking for a reputable bear hunting outfitter

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:30 am

my time is coming soon to draw a permit here in Wisconsin . I am looking for a list of some outifitters to research. please feel free to post up some outfitters you have been to and your experience with them. (good or bad)

PLB
500 Club

Re: looking for a reputable bear hunting outfitter

Unread postby PLB » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:41 am

Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
camocat

Unread postby camocat » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:17 am

Mike Foss hands down awesome guide and person he wants clients to have a awesome experience.If you wait 9 yrs like i did you might as well go with somebody that cares and you will learn alot from.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:20 am

Yep, Mike Foss, NWO Outfitters...

I have hunted with Mike twice... He does almost 100% success. The 1st year I hunted with him I was the only guy out of about 30 who did not kill a bear, and that was because I was after a specific bear. And I did pass on a smaller one.
The second time I hunted with him, it was my son hunting, me filming. My son had seen bears within shooting range on most sits. We passed a bunch of average bears waiting for a big one. The big one showed, but he came in from a way that he caught our wind and spooked. My son did shoot a bear towards the end, but unfortunately he lost it.

There are not to many bear guides out there that put the time and effort into scouting and locating bears that mike does. Most bear guides fill your head with storys but really just go toss baits along a hwy without a whole lot of thought into it... Mikes bait spots are picked thru scouting efforts determining where big boars bed and slipping the bait up close. Much how I kill big bucks.
I consider myself a pretty good bear hunter, its hard to get anything past me. Mike is a genuine honest guy. I don't think he would lie to anyone about hunting o9r the bears your after... I know when I asked him questions about the hunt he did not tell me what I wanted to hear, he told me the truth in his opinion... I have talked with a lot of guides, and have found very few like Mike.

If your interested in hunting with Mike, its in your best interest to get ahold of him ASAP... Because he sometimes books up a year or so before the season.

• Advertisement

Return to “Bear Hunting”