Bear Attack

The Beast’s of the North woods. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Mike Foss
500 Club

Bear Attack

Unread postby Mike Foss » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:29 am

Last saturday night a bear attacked my bait truck :o , I did not have any bait in the truck at the time, it tore off my bug shield in two pieces, scratched the sides good. Looks like he was trying to get into the bed of the truck but couldnt, I assume he was a small young bear.

This brings me to this next question. Have you or do you know of anyone that have had a close call with a bear. Share your story.

A few years back I know of a archery deer hunter that had a sow with yearlings come into his deer corn bait, he tried yelling at the bears to scare them off only to have the Sow climb the tree he was in, the sow ended tearing off the sole of his boot. He was very lucky she did not pull him out of the tree.

Carol
Site Admin

Re: Bear Attack

Unread postby Carol » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:13 am

Where are the pictures?

Danny and Dan had a close call with a bear..... I think that is why Danny no longer bear hunts??
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then!

Some People Need a Shock Collar!
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:39 am

Carol wrote:Where are the pictures?

Danny and Dan had a close call with a bear..... I think that is why Danny no longer bear hunts??

Yep... We got to play with a small bear up close. :lol: If anybody has not read the story, here is a link to an article about it, and its a good one!

viewtopic.php?f=159&t=1347

I also have some video footage of a friend who was baiting deer and had a large sow with 5 2nd year cubs come in and he threw a stick at them to spook them away and the cubs scrambled up trees with two of them getting above him in his tree with Mama below.. I guess it took awhile but they finally climbed down past him.
ngabowhunter

Unread postby ngabowhunter » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:19 am

A buddy of mine had his spare tire cover rip off his old blazer once, it had deer blood all over it from a doe he had killed. Also got the bird feeders before he left.

• Advertisement

Return to “Bear Hunting”