Looking for a couple of sources for bear bait in Central WI

The Beast’s of the North woods. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

natvbearhntr
500 Club

Looking for a couple of sources for bear bait in Central WI

Unread postby natvbearhntr » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:21 am

If anyone has any contacts for bear bait in Central WI please post here. I live in Shawano, Co. and I am willing to travel a little but don't want to make 100 mile trips. There is a person in Antigo but I lost their number and then a guy on Cty hwy M north of Cecil but again I can't find his number. Any info for bear bait would be appreiciated.

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Looking for a couple of sources for bear bait in Central

Unread postby dan » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:45 am

I get a lot of mine from Dave P. here is his website:

http://dpbearbait.com/
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:52 am

Try craigslist GB or Craigslist northwoods. Lots of bait dealers on there already!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:31 pm

I asked my local bakery. Right now they're filling up 2 55gal barrels of old bakery for me. She told me that she'll charge me between 25 and 40 bucks for each. I'm not sure where she gets her pricing from but its reasonable from what I've seen.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
natvbearhntr
500 Club

Unread postby natvbearhntr » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:06 am

I've looked at Dave P's site before. I like his pricing but it would be a 300 mile round trip for me. I have been keeping an eye on craigslist because that is how I found the person in Antigo and the guy north of Cecil. I guess I'll just have to take an afternoon drive back out to their places.

Thanks
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:10 am

natvbearhntr wrote:I've looked at Dave P's site before. I like his pricing but it would be a 300 mile round trip for me. I have been keeping an eye on craigslist because that is how I found the person in Antigo and the guy north of Cecil. I guess I'll just have to take an afternoon drive back out to their places.

Thanks

Even longer drive for me... But I go once, bring a trailer, load up, and don't have to go back.
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:27 am

dan wrote:
natvbearhntr wrote:I've looked at Dave P's site before. I like his pricing but it would be a 300 mile round trip for me. I have been keeping an eye on craigslist because that is how I found the person in Antigo and the guy north of Cecil. I guess I'll just have to take an afternoon drive back out to their places.

Thanks

Even longer drive for me... But I go once, bring a trailer, load up, and don't have to go back.

I do the same thing.. In 2010 I bought all the bait I needed then stored it up north at my cabin. I used a big delivery truck from my Dad and that became bear bait central for the summer! Everything was in there!! That way the mess was not in my garage all summer at home either. It was slick though because I made 10 gallon buckets and bolted nylon backpack straps to them. When I was done baiting for the day I would refill all the buckets. That way when I or anyone else went up to bait, they could just open up the door, grab the buckets and go.
Obsession Bows
Huntinguide

Unread postby Huntinguide » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:23 pm

Bear Creek Supply in Chippewa falls Thats Where I buy all my bait from every year Chris L 715-579-0771
Weasel Walker

Unread postby Weasel Walker » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:33 pm

Geographically - Big Woods Bear Bait in Lena. There is a website.
Looks like they have cheap frosting.

There is a guy in Wrightstown that posts on Craig's list. He has frosting and granola at fair prices.

Another guy in Little Chute Bobs Bear Bait (website).

I go to R Distributing (rbearbait.com) in Caddot. Pick up options in Colby and Loyal. They got it all. Good granola. Ice cream cones is why I go there. Fill your own barrels last year for $20.
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:44 pm

Wow these bears eat better than I do, I should buy some of these barrels for me to eat!
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:34 pm

I agree with weasel. If you can make it to Wrightstown, Gene Manders is the guy! Guys come from Canada to buy bait from him!! I used to have his number in my other phone. Probably could google him though??

Obsession Bows
natvbearhntr
500 Club

Unread postby natvbearhntr » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:16 am

Thanks for the tips guys. Wrightstown wouldn't be too bad of a trip so if anyone has Gene's number please post it or I will continue to watch Craigslist. I took the morning off of work and went for a drive to some places I used last year but did not remember the names or number. I eneded up in Deerbrook just north of Antigo for one place. They have pretty good cookie bait. and another place just north of Birnamwood. This guy has cereal, frosting, jelly, and sticky granola. If anyone is close to there areas and wants the numbers let know. Thanks again.
Weasel Walker

Unread postby Weasel Walker » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:43 pm

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/8638 ... 411442.jpg

Gene Manders 920-428-9259, 210 High St, Wrightstown. His card also says "Message 920-532-4467". His granola comes in plastic barrels with the tops cutoff. He has a "jobber" that finds him stuff from all over. Not sure what he has now. Last year I got maple frosting that was a crowd pleaser.

R Distributing has metal drums with a $10 deposit. Well worth it. Also Colby pickup is 70 miles from central Shawano County. Ice cream cones with miscellaneous additives are the cheapest, lighest bait if your gonna be starting in a month.
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:37 pm

Ice cream cones are a great filler and bears love them!!

Obsession Bows
natvbearhntr
500 Club

Unread postby natvbearhntr » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:39 am

I never looked at rbearbait. It's nice to see they have 3 locations with the one in Colby being fairly close. I have to take a drive to Chippewa Falls on Saturday I guess I'll hook up the trailer and load up some bait too. Thanks for all the tips and information everyone.

• Advertisement

Return to “Bear Hunting”