A few bear pics

The Beast’s of the North woods. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Schultzy
500 Club

A few bear pics

Unread postby Schultzy » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:07 pm

Tell me what you think of these pics. I've got my opinion.

BigHunt

Re: A few bear pics

Unread postby BigHunt » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:18 pm

:shock: that bear is a slob
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:48 pm

Im thinking the 1st one is a real nice sow... maybe pushing 300 dressed?
I think its a sow mainly based on its short body.
The second one looks like a decent boar, wondering how high you have the goody bag? if its 5 foot up, its a decent bear, 6 feet up? its real nice.
Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:02 am

Look very closely at these pics. The 1st 4 pictures are from 2010 and the next 6 are from 2011. The bottom 6 pictures are of the same bear. It's the bear my dad shot this year which dressed out at 365lbs and was a little over 7 feet long. This bear 1st hit one of our baits August 16th. He then disappeared and hit one of our other baits 5 weeks later 3 miles away.

I really think the top 4 pictures (2010 pics) are the same bear as the 2011 pictures. Head shape Is close as Is the wrinkled up nose. Look real close at the shape of the nose In both years. Dad had this bear at 10 yards last year but he caught dad In the tree. He's a boar and was well over 400lbs dressed last year. Remember them fighting pics Dan I sent you? This was one of the bear In them pics fighting.
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:22 am

BIG*****

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:05 am

Ok... Looking at the head in those 1st pic's it sure does look like a boar.. It sure is nice keeping cam's on every bait. Cause even vetrans can be mistaken by one or two pic's.... But a series over several days of pic's in differing poses starts to really piece it together...
Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:39 pm

dan wrote:Ok... Looking at the head in those 1st pic's it sure does look like a boar.. It sure is nice keeping cam's on every bait. Cause even vetrans can be mistaken by one or two pic's.... But a series over several days of pic's in differing poses starts to really piece it together...
Do you think It's the same bear (Last years pics and this years pics)? My dad don't think so although he says their some what similar. I really think they are but I could be wrong.
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:43 pm

I really can't tell at all from those pic's.
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:10 pm

Here is what I think of those pics. You better shoot that bear close to the road. I helped drag a 358 dressed bear out of the woods before it was dressed (that was not my decision) and that was a chore. We messed up one of those deer carts pretty good. I would be happy with a 250 pounder next time.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:04 am

regardless of which is which, those are some fine looking bears, Schultzy! 8-)
JRM6868
The Terminator

Unread postby JRM6868 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:15 am

Nice pics Steve!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
iamyourhuckleberry

Unread postby iamyourhuckleberry » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:47 pm

Steve,

The bear in the last six photos appears to have a distinctive white spot on its left shoulder, I do not see that in the first bear. I guess it could have been a rub...
I don't know, but my gut is telling me they are two different bears.

Very cool photos!
"No one had ever asked what it feels like to be me. Once I told the truth about that, I felt free. I got to thinking about all the people I know, and the things I’ve seen and done. I can start flying now."-unknown
Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:22 am

iamyourhuckleberry wrote:Steve,

The bear in the last six photos appears to have a distinctive white spot on its left shoulder, I do not see that in the first bear. I guess it could have been a rub...
I don't know, but my gut is telling me they are two different bears.

Very cool photos!
Your right Will about the last 6 photo's. I already said that was the same bear. The wart or whatever It Is was a big help and deciding factor In knowing It was the same bear. Here's my post...

Look very closely at these pics. The 1st 4 pictures are from 2010 and the next 6 are from 2011. The bottom 6 pictures are of the same bear. It's the bear my dad shot this year which dressed out at 365lbs and was a little over 7 feet long. This bear 1st hit one of our baits August 16th. He then disappeared and hit one of our other baits 5 weeks later 3 miles away.

I really think the top 4 pictures (2010 pics) are the same bear as the 2011 pictures. Head shape Is close as Is the wrinkled up nose. Look real close at the shape of the nose In both years. Dad had this bear at 10 yards last year but he caught dad In the tree. He's a boar and was well over 400lbs dressed last year. Remember them fighting pics Dan I sent you? This was one of the bear In them pics fighting.

What I really want to figure out Is If the bear from the top 4 pictures from 2010 Is the same bear as the bottom 6 pictures from 2011. The top 4 pictures are from 2010. My dad shot the bear that's In the bottom 6 pictures In 2011. To me their heads are very similar In characteristics. I really think It Is the same bear, who know's I guess.
nimrod1

Unread postby nimrod1 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:10 pm

First of all those are some nice pics, of great bear! :drool:

I realize that in all of '10 pics the bear is closer to the cam than in the '11 pics, but I believe the '10 bear is bigger than the '11 bear. The '10 bear's head looks broader to me, as well as the neck looks thicker. My guess would be 2 different bears. But I've been wrong before, and I'm sure I will be again! :lol:
"No one ever drowned in sweat."
Unknown

"The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare."
Juma Ikangaa, 1989 NYC Marathon winner
forgehunter
500 Club

Unread postby forgehunter » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:34 am

Schultzy, dont know too much about bear hunting as i have never done it ( it is on my bucket list though) but they look BIG! and i will tell you that you now have my 14 year old son wanting to go in the worst way! Thanks buddy!
Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart, and it cannot touch my soul.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jimmy V.

• Advertisement

Return to “Bear Hunting”