New Slayer Seed website! Tell me what you think.

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

New Slayer Seed website! Tell me what you think.

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:42 pm

I hope you will all check out my new website at http://slayerseed.com/ and let me know what you think about the basic look. I'm no web designer by any stretch and this site is far from finished. It's just a very basic site so I have a web presence and so I have somewhere to point to when someone clicks on my banner (which I haven't built yet :lol: ). I didn't plan on doing anything with a website until this winter, but thought I should at least get something up with some basic information and that way I could build a banner to put on the Beast. There are only two pages and each has a link so if any of you want to try the links and let me know how they are working it would be greatly appreciated. I wanted to put the flaming Slayer Seed logo at the bottom of the home page, but I haven't figured out how yet. If you think anything looks corny or unprofessional please let me know! I think the second page is a bit on the corny side, but I thought I would give it a shot. Oh, and I think you will all like the link at the bottom. ;)

P.S. Ignore the ads at the top. Those are only there because I'm using the free hosting. That will go away when I get it all figured out (which could be awhile :shock: ).

You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
Liberty-Hunt
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/liberty.hunt.188

Re: New Slayer Seed website! Tell me what you think.

Unread postby Liberty-Hunt » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:01 pm

Well because you are asking, I'll tell you...(just my Marketing quick point of view)

Your company name are not enough visible. A logo with your name could help you to be recognizable. And put it in the top of the home page (for example between the 2 grass pics..., or just on the top of it...)
Also, when some one click on a link, I think it's always better that open an other tab...
A small pic just in the left of your product description could be a good think.
The general color are nice.

Hope those little observations could help you.
"Huntingly",
L-H

GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:07 am

Good luck Lance!

Also, when some one click on a link, I think it's always better that open an other tab...

I agree, Dan Jr is this something on your end, or mine? When I click a link on the Beast site, it goes to that site, versus leaving this site open and adding a new tab.
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
Carol
Site Admin

Unread postby Carol » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:31 am

DEERSLAYER wrote:
P.S. Ignore the ads at the top. Those are only there because I'm using the free hosting. That will go away when I get it all figured out (which could be awhile :shock: ).

If you want those ads to be gone just hollar. Dan Jr can remove them for you and you will still be using the FREE website service. It's all in the coding.
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then!

Some People Need a Shock Collar!
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:19 am

CarolsCritterCare wrote:
DEERSLAYER wrote:If you want those ads to be gone just hollar. Dan Jr can remove them for you and you will still be using the FREE website service. It's all in the coding.

I didn't know you could do that. :o That would be cool. Image
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:37 am

Liberty-Hunt wrote:Well because you are asking, I'll tell you...(just my Marketing quick point of view)

Your company name are not enough visible. A logo with your name could help you to be recognizable. And put it in the top of the home page (for example between the 2 grass pics..., or just on the top of it...)

Thanks for the comments Liberty-Hunt. Those are some things I plan to work on, but I just wanted to get "something" up that could get me by in the short term. I did find an important mistake already though. I forgot to mention how big an area a bag of seed covers. :oops: :lol: I will fix that when I get off here. I haven't even submitted it to any search engines yet.

Right now it's main purpose is just to put up something quick to have somewhere for a banner ad to point to. Once I get around to finishing it up so that I have a fully functioning site I will start working on a whole new cooler looking website.
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:51 am

DEERSLAYER wrote:
Liberty-Hunt wrote:Well because you are asking, I'll tell you...(just my Marketing quick point of view)

Thanks for the comments Liberty-Hunt. Those are some things I plan to work on, but I just wanted to get "something" up that could get me by in the short term. I did find an important mistake already though. I forgot to mention how big an area a bag of seed covers. :oops: :lol: [s]I will fix that when I get off here[/s] (Done). I haven't even submitted it to any search engines yet.

Right now it's main purpose is just to put up something quick to have somewhere for a banner ad to point to. Once I get around to finishing it up so that I have a fully functioning site I will start working on a whole new cooler looking website.
jlh42581
500 Club

Unread postby jlh42581 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:26 am

My two cents over developing for six strait years. Ive moved into a more all around technical job now. I actually built precision agriculture products during that time.

1: Build your products page so that you can jump to an individual product. Maybe show what it looks like full grown, what it can be treated with, how you need to plant it, when you need to plant it, soil types it does best in.

2: This will drive business your way, find a college or a company that offers soil sample analysis and hook up with them, offer it through your site. If you have the knowledge, time or money you could even make it so they could receive the results through your site which would make chemical suggestions to fix their issue then recommend a product.

3: You definitely need a logo

4: If you havent already, integrate it with paypal and modify the costs to cover the ability to accept it. I know me personally, nine times out of ten if a web based company wont take the account I already have set up, Im not digging out my credit card to enter it, Ill just order somewhere else.

5: Set up some partnerships between sites, like here and other related sites. It will help your traffic being driven to you. I love this forum for information but the audience it reaches isnt as great as it could be if people weren't so stubborn. You should be a paying sponsor on hunting sites so that you can spam em up with sales. everyone else does it. Ive bought more products off of forum contacts in the last five years than anywhere else. If I see you post, and like what you say and your prices are competitive, Ill give my money to the little guy before a big store.

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”