Scouting help.

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

TreeRat

Scouting help.

Unread postby TreeRat » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:40 am

I will finally get a day to fellow up on some scouting from last winter. I have been on this property for several years. I have found most of the land to unhuntable do to logging and any spot that you fine theres not a tree over 4 inches to put a stand in. I am not the only one hunting this. there is a hunt club that runs dog in gun season and I have heard some other driving the dirt road to the parking spot in archery season, I think their trying to cut down on the walk back to the swamp. So what other area do you all think I should look at.
Green= swamp
Blue= beds
Orange= No hunt

Pink=found other hunters stand
Black= lazy hunter parking

BigHunt

Re: Scouting help.

Unread postby BigHunt » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:59 am

Image i placed red dots where i think the likely bedding spots would be. I hunt hill country and the map looks like alot of what i hunt. i would follow that same elevation all the way around, what beds you find hunt them on the right winds it looks to me too be quit elevated so thermals will probably be a factor. its hard to tell besides the swamp is there any water sorces up high on the proprty?
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:42 pm

Suspected buck bedding:
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:18 pm

Hey Dan, why not the few dots I marked in magenta? Just trying to get a handle on this hill country bedding.

"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:38 pm

The lower dots you marked could be worth looking at, but the upper one appears to be in a draw?

Hey Dan, why not the few dots I marked in magenta? Just trying to get a handle on this hill country bedding.
TreeRat

Unread postby TreeRat » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:43 pm

As for water there are 3 creeks that seem to run pretty good all season. I have not found any high water.
Dan thanks for the spots to look at. Here in VA and on this property I have only seen the wind from the North to a SW during open season, I wish there would be a south or east wind it would help me out a lot. Instead I look for rainy days with changing wind to try these area out.
Thanks again everyone I will let you what I find.

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”