Eagle Soybeans

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

RUTIN
Facebook: Zach Taylor

Eagle Soybeans

Unread postby RUTIN » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:50 am

Anyone use them or know anyone who has? Look pretty impressive... they are a foreage soybean over standard ag bean

Gardner Swamp
500 Club

Re: Eagle Soybeans

Unread postby Gardner Swamp » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:16 pm

Never heard of them. How much are they going for?
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:07 pm

Only seen them on Growing deer. However I read a few articles of different state DNR that use them for wildlife and all results were positive. My buddy is in the process of purchasing the the 50 acre family farm since his grandfather passed. We plan on planting them and leaving them all winter if that goes well.
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
RUTIN
Facebook: Zach Taylor

Unread postby RUTIN » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:04 am

They are pretty pricey as far as beans go, about $120tyd for a 50lb bag, but these things grow 6' tall and produce 3x the leaf and pod of normal soybeans
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:52 am

3x the pods too! Usually when they develop these forage brands, the sacrifice yield, for tonnage. If these pan out as claimed, $120 a bag is not a bad deal. Are they round up resistent?
Sagittarius

Unread postby Sagittarius » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:54 am

The Eagle soybeans are a Roundup Ready Forage type soybean with a 5 or 6 maturity rating. They will produce alot of forage, but the bean pods may not mature up here in Wisconsin. Wisconsin Farmers may plant a 1.0 maturity soybean in the north, to a 2.4 maturity soybean in southern Wisconsin, or anywhere in between ... so the beans have a chance to mature during our growing season. Forage soybeans can work very well up here where you have the problem of deer over browsing regular Ag. soybeans. JMHO ;)
"The real problem is not how we shall handle the deer in this emergency. The real problem is one of human managment. Wild life managment is comparatively easy; human management difficult." Aldo Leopold, March 1943
Gardner Swamp
500 Club

Unread postby Gardner Swamp » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:12 am

RUTIN wrote:They are pretty pricey as far as beans go, about $120tyd for a 50lb bag, but these things grow 6' tall and produce 3x the leaf and pod of normal soybeans

:shock: 6' WOW!!!
Gardner Swamp
500 Club

Unread postby Gardner Swamp » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:33 pm

I found a dealer in Green Bay. He said $93 for the northern blend.I might have to try it next year. If anyone does try let us all know how it works out. Thanks!!
gjs4
500 Club

Unread postby gjs4 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:46 pm

I have used them and will again this year....I have used the Heavy Habitat (pretty sure thats the variety) and they rock.....here soys are few and far between so less than 2 acres and you might as well of planted rocks due to browse pressure....no local dealers so I have to fill out the Monsonto app....which gives you the feeling youre buying a nuclear war head in terms of difficulty and intrusion
Green and growing... Or red and rotting
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:50 pm

gjs4 wrote:....no local dealers so I have to fill out the Monsonto app....which gives you the feeling youre buying a nuclear war head in terms of difficulty and intrusion

:lol: Yeah, they are pretty protective of their patents, dealers have to sign those too. The wavier you sign also prohibits you from planting the seeds you harvest (bin run beans) fron these as well.

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”