Outside Perspectives for Clarity

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Sciurus_Barks

Outside Perspectives for Clarity

Unread postby Sciurus_Barks » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:47 am

Hello all,

Below is a screenshot of a private property I hunt. While I am intending on spending most of my time on public land this year to grow as a hunter (my first year hunting for deer on public!), I still will swing probably about 4 or 5 hunts on this property throughout the season. Seeing as how I have grown up on it, I feel it is difficult to look at this property objectively. The problem is I think I know what's going on (but that's the problem; it's hard to objectively assess when I think I already know the answer). So I am very interested to hear some outside perspectives on it.

The black lines are the boundary lines, the white A's indicate access via parking lots, the brown B's indicate bed's I found last year, and the blue circle is a pond.

Some other info:

Beans have been planted in the fields to the north this year. As of the writing of this they have turned all the way brown (as we've had a drought this late summer).

Trail camera pictures have some 3 1/2 year old bucks appearing at the transition between the SE field and the woods.

Other people use the property to cut firewood off and on during the late summer and fall. They stick closer to the access points to make it easier to haul out.

Predominant winds in my area are West and South, though a North wind comes in on occasion. East winds are pretty rare.

privateProperty.jpg

Let me know what you think from looking at this aerial.

Best,

Sciurus
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Other than death, all defeats are psychological

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”