New to public need help

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

nduer8442

New to public need help

Unread postby nduer8442 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:02 am

I am new to hunting public and have been watching you guys a lot was hoping you guys could help me dissect this chunk of public. Where I can expect to see bedding. Possible stand placements. Etc. pics of land attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

matt1336
500 Club

Re: New to public need help

Unread postby matt1336 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:11 am

There is a lot of edge habitat on that property. Walk those transitions, find sign. That will lead you to bedding and good stand locations.
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:11 am

2.png

What I marked in black is where I would start with my scouting to find beds. Basically any high ground in the marsh should be looked at and just follow the edge and follow the trails and sign. Good luck.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Moose
500 Club

Unread postby Moose » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:05 pm

The guys that posted above me have you covered. Only thing i will say is you should scout it ASAP. I would like atleast 2 months from scouting to hunting but thats just me.
nduer8442

Unread postby nduer8442 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:09 pm

Thank you guys now would it pay to put a trail camera out. Like I know you don’t want to put them in the bedding areas so would it be dumb to put one on a trail leading to the bedding. I know that big woods is full of oaks And I found a lot of trails in the big woods which I’m sure they have a good supply of acorns in there when they fall. A lot of those trails lead out of the woods across the road into the cornfield across from the access point.
Moose
500 Club

Unread postby Moose » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:57 am

I dont really run trail cameras, someone way more qualified will come along shortly. So i probably shouldn't answer your question but i will anyway. If you have a cell camera that would be ideal this late in the season. Id be a little concerned to put cameras out now unless you wont check them till season is over. The less scent you have in your hunting area the better especially within a couple months of hunting. Ive never put cameras in public areas but always remember someone could still or damage your camera.

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”