No food plots=more bucks

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Hawthorne
500 Club

No food plots=more bucks

Unread postby Hawthorne » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:54 am

At the very last minute I decided not to plant two small plots this year. First time in 6 years I’ve owned the property. It’s 2hrs from my house and the day I went to plant I forgot my key for my ATV. I decided that all my neighbors have food plots and there are crops not far. I mostly attracted does around my plots in the past. They would bed near and the bucks wouldn’t be around. I thought with the neighbors having the food maybe more bucks would bed on mine. That’s exactly what happened. Went and hunted it for two days and I saw 6 bucks and one doe. Killed a nice 8 point and missed a 8 point the day before at 40yds.In the past it was 6 does and one buck I would see. It worked out

stash59

Re: No food plots=more bucks

Unread postby stash59 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:01 am

Interesting. I've noticed at my buddies that in 2 sits near it. I've never seen a deer feeding in this small food plot him and his son in law put in. But all of the deer in that direction are munching on whatever natural is growing. Where he brush hogs and mows.
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
Kokes
500 Club

Re: No food plots=more bucks

Unread postby Kokes » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:37 am

Very interesting. .and totally makes sense..
Will you do anything different for next year?

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”