Land Purchase for Flip Question

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

OUBrew

Land Purchase for Flip Question

Unread postby OUBrew » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:37 am

I am wondering if anyone here has ever stumbled on a piece of ground that was a good buy for hunting and flipped it?

I am looking at a 100 acre piece that has been on the market a long time with no offers. It is majority wetland...marsh, cattails, islands, surrounding ag land. $500 an acre.

RidgeGhost
500 Club

Re: Land Purchase for Flip Question

Unread postby RidgeGhost » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:21 am

OUBrew wrote:I am wondering if anyone here has ever stumbled on a piece of ground that was a good buy for hunting and flipped it?

I am looking at a 100 acre piece that has been on the market a long time with no offers. It is majority wetland...marsh, cattails, islands, surrounding ag land. $500 an acre.

Be careful with land as a flip. Its difficult for buyers to finance it and therefore can be hard to get rid of. BUT, if you can get it really cheap, then clean it up or put in some food plots it will attract attention. I just got rid of one and told myself I won't do that again. And as ridiculous as it is, trail cam pics sell a property.
thwack16
500 Club

Unread postby thwack16 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:32 am

I have been strongly considering buying cutover land at 800-1000 an acre and fixing it up with the hopes of flipping. Worse case, I'd have a timber investment and another place to hunt.

Ridge is right, a good trail cam pic can sell it. Even better, kill a 140"+ on it.
ODH
500 Club

Unread postby ODH » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:35 am

OUBrew wrote:I am wondering if anyone here has ever stumbled on a piece of ground that was a good buy for hunting and flipped it?

I've sort of done it - ended up holding the land a lot longer than planned since the hunting was so good. I'm all for the idea if you're confident you aren't going to lose on it. You wrote it has been on the market a long time with no offers so you recognize something has to change either in the market or on the land in order for you to be able to find buyers. Also remember your breakeven rises every year with taxes - painful. good luck
OUBrew

Unread postby OUBrew » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:38 am

Thanks for the responses. Great to hear from guys that have done it or are thinking of it. A good buck history on a piece of ground goes a long way. I'm going to walk it today.
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:35 pm

I’ve thought about buying more with intent to sell at some point but I know I’d never sell it so I probably won’t tie up any more money in land. It’s a good investment but no so mich for you if you don’t sell it. My son will profit heavily on mine someday

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”