Swamp bedding

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

cmbrown337

Swamp bedding

Unread postby cmbrown337 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:46 am

I am looking for some advice on where the buck and doe bedding areas are in this swamp. I already have a good idea for myself that they will be bedded off of the islands shown in the photographs. The swamp consists of tamarack, red brush, swamp grass etc. and is extremely wet.

The only access to this swamp is where the waypoint closest to the bottom of the overview photo is on the south end. Some of the islands to the north are anywhere from .7 to over 1 mile from the parking area. I already did some scouting closer to the parking area and found what I believe is a buck bed where the waypoint further to the north is. There were a lot of large rubs coming from this lone bed which is surrounded by water on three sides. The islands in this swamp consist of oak and aspen trees. So like I said I feel the bucks will be bedded off of the islands and will stage on the islands due to the oak trees. I am new to this style hunting so am looking if there is anything that I may have overlooked or missed. I am also looking for where the doe bedding would be.

I plan on scouting this area more in the offseason. Due to there only being one access spot on the south end I plan on breaking it into quadrants and hunting my way deeper each time next year. Thanks for any advice in advance. Here are the pics of the swamp.

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”