New to hunting this area

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

thepennsylvanian
500 Club

New to hunting this area

Unread postby thepennsylvanian » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:20 am

This is a new area in a new state for me this year. The areas I'm looking to hunt are difficult to access so I'm trying to maximize my effort. Any help y'all can give me on where to start would be appreciated. These pictures are oriented north=top.
Image[/url]
The pressure here would be from the top of the hill to the north, and possibly the west(left). The hill is very steep with benches cut into it.

[url=http://thehuntingbeast.com/copper/displayimage.php?pid=2668]Image

This area is insanley thick and relatively close to the other. The top of the hill is cut so steep deer can't even climb it(near vertical).

Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Cuzzinfish

Re: New to hunting this area

Unread postby Cuzzinfish » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:57 am

I’m gonna keep an eye on this thread. I’ve looked at this area on maps for turkey hunting next spring. If you want to share info, I’ll be getting my Nonresident license in 19 and will be happy share what I find in the spring.
thepennsylvanian
500 Club

Unread postby thepennsylvanian » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:59 am

Cuzzinfish wrote:I’m gonna keep an eye on this thread. I’ve looked at this area on maps for turkey hunting next spring. If you want to share info, I’ll be getting my Nonresident license in 19 and will be happy share what I find in the spring.

Took a gobbler there this past season, I could have filled both my tags but I was out of the country for most of their season.
Cuzzinfish

Unread postby Cuzzinfish » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:01 am

thepennsylvanian wrote:
Cuzzinfish wrote:I’m gonna keep an eye on this thread. I’ve looked at this area on maps for turkey hunting next spring. If you want to share info, I’ll be getting my Nonresident license in 19 and will be happy share what I find in the spring.

Took a gobbler there this past season, I could have filled both my tags but I was out of the country for most of their season.

That’s awesome.
thepennsylvanian
500 Club

Unread postby thepennsylvanian » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:10 am

Cuzzinfish wrote:
thepennsylvanian wrote:

That’s awesome.

I will say that it gets hit way more than I have ever seen a pa gamelands, it was hard to find space with how many guys were there. But I went out in the snow to bring this one in.
Cuzzinfish

Unread postby Cuzzinfish » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:00 am

thepennsylvanian wrote:
Cuzzinfish wrote:
thepennsylvanian wrote:

That’s awesome.

I will say that it gets hit way more than I have ever seen a pa gamelands, it was hard to find space with how many guys were there. But I went out in the snow to bring this one in.

That’s interesting. I’ll keep that in mind. NIce bird!

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”