Where to setup

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dc10

Where to setup

Unread postby dc10 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:28 pm

I hunted with my dad last year on his property in MO last year. We don't live on the property. In the few hunts we had, he saw one really good buck and I saw two good ones and killed the second one (the 9 point was chasing a doe). We are rifle hunting. The field on the property is normally planted with soy beans. However, they aren't coming up very good this year.

My dad has a few preset lockon on the property but I really want to find a better location and setup accordingly. His tract of land is roughly 70 acres and we have some public land surrounding some of his land.

Based on the aerial photos and topo lines, it seems that most of the good bucks are coming from the west. My dad saw the "wide framed buck" in the evening. I saw the 6 point in the evening, the "good buck" in the morning, and the 9 pointer in the early afternoon chasing a doe. The lane that the "good buck" walked down generally has a line of scraps all the way down to the west.

Any thoughts as to if (and where) any good bucks may be bedding on the property and where you would set up? I'll be up there for a week. So, I can easily take an hour or so to scout as needed.

Last edited by dc10 on Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dc10

Re: Where to setup

Unread postby dc10 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:37 pm

Can't figure out how to upload pics.
dc10

Re: Where to setup

Unread postby dc10 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:01 am

Here's the picture that goes along with the text/description of my initial post. The red lines are the paths of the deer from when we saw them.

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”