Setups for Rut hunt

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

OHBB24

Setups for Rut hunt

Unread postby OHBB24 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:40 pm

http://www.hillmap.com/m/ag1zfmhpbGxtYX ... IC0ntqrCgw

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right but got access to this chunk of ground, I'm unable to scout other than computer and am looking for help pin pointing some locations that stand out for run setups. I'll be setting up on thefly and have limited experience with this approach. I'd like to hunt solid locations rather than preset stands by my buddy.

thepennsylvanian
500 Club

Re: Setups for Rut hunt

Unread postby thepennsylvanian » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:07 am

I wasn't able to get your link to load, but if you're planning to rut only hunting here your going to want to do a few things. One is hunt on the down wind side of the thickest part of the property, this should hold some doe bedding. Two try to figure out different access points that buck would use to enter the property, you don't want to continue sitting down wind of the doe bedding of bucks are coming in downwind of you. And three figure out where the pressure is coming from, hunters on the adjoining properties will o fluence how the bucks willake their way onto your lands. That'll give you a good start and then you can apply what you see in season. Once you get BOTG.
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”