Public Land Big timber

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Sloper01

Public Land Big timber

Unread postby Sloper01 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:31 am

ImageImageImage

Here are some Images of some public land I hunt. I was Trying to get the Topo images to load in but they show all the roads and landmarks. The one is a broad overview and the two others are zoomed in a little more. I am new to this forum thing, I am open to learning if anyone knows how to upload png files or if I need to convert them over. Also I can load more images of zoomed in areas if needed. The marsh areas have trails all through them but I feel you cant get the full picture zooming in that far. We get lots of trail cam pics of mature bucks up there every year and we are continuously refining our approach to hunting it as we learn the area. I do use a kayak a lot to access certain areas and there are horse trails throughout that provide quiet access in but dont prefer to use a main trail. Again if theres anything more that is needed to assist in helping asses this area please let me know and I can get it. There is no agriculture in the area, there are lots of oaks spread throughout just about everywhere and along the rivers is the thickest cedar swamp/blow down you can imagine. I grew up hunting farm country with set bedding and feeding so this type of hunting is fairly new to me but I love it! Its true hunting not just sitting over food waiting.

Thank you to all the fellow beasts out there willing to give some advice.

Tim H
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090396597022

Re: Public Land Big timber

Unread postby Tim H » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:45 am

Welcome to the Beast! There are a lot of bigwoods hunters here that have a lot of knowledge and experience. What exactly are you asking?
Sloper01

Unread postby Sloper01 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:20 am

Looking for the way you guys would approach this and where to narrow my scouting down to, I noticed that when I uploaded the images it actually takes you to google maps, so you can see the topo features. The wind is mostly from the south(ish) so I have the leeward points as a scouting area along along with the marshy areas you can see along the river. With it being so thick up there and the food being so spread out it really seem s like the deer just wander, but I know thats not the case. When you get along the river in those cedar blow downs its the nastiest stuff Ive ever seen.
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:02 am

I can't see the images for some reason. Anyone else have that problem?
Tim H
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090396597022

Unread postby Tim H » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:24 am

headgear wrote:I can't see the images for some reason. Anyone else have that problem?

I also cannot see them.
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:39 am

Can you access from the river?

I would definitely be down around those thick river edges from the sounds of what you are describing.
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”