entry and exit

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

crustyhunts

entry and exit

Unread postby crustyhunts » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:20 am

First beast post hopefully i'm following protocol here. Not try to buck the system ;) So I think believe I found bedding sites. The top piece on the ridge seems to be doe bedding. The bottom with yellow line appears to be big buck bedding and the two beds on the right seem like satellite or smaller buck beds. I just wanted to get some ideas on how I should enter to hunt the bucks on the transition line on the marsh. What would be the most ideal way to attack that? I put the link to image on here. Hopefully this is cool was little unsure on how to post images. Can't wait to get some beast feedback

file:///Users/conormurphy/Desktop/Screen%20Shot%202018-02-08%20at%209.14.13%20AM.png

justdirtyfun
500 Club

Re: entry and exit

Unread postby justdirtyfun » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:37 am

I'm glad you are asking for feedback. That is one of the best things going on here..
I didn't review the map but can offer protocol tips.

Location specifics can and should be eliminated. Private land is less of an issue than public. A common mistake is using a cell phone picture that has inbedded data for location. Scouting and hunting pictures should be taken with location services off.

Roads, town names, etc are not important to strategy and deer so black that stuff out too.
You don't have to be the best, just do your best.
Tim H
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090396597022

Unread postby Tim H » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:40 am

justdirtyfun wrote:I'm glad you are asking for feedback. That is one of the best things going on here..
I didn't review the map but can offer protocol tips.

Location specifics can and should be eliminated. Private land is less of an issue than public. A common mistake is using a cell phone picture that has inbedded data for location. Scouting and hunting pictures should be taken with location services off.

Roads, town names, etc are not important to strategy and deer so black that stuff out too.

Also be cautious with showing easily noticeable features like water. ;)
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:11 am

Link ain't working for me...
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:07 am

Can't see it either.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Net Guy
500 Club

Unread postby Net Guy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:48 am

Can't use the link either.
crustyhunts

Unread postby crustyhunts » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:41 am

Thanks for the responses and feedback. I will try to use a link to google photos. Please let me know if anyone can see this. If so please give me some feedback on how you would attatck this spot. Thanks

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mtfEbQWngAGc3Cit2
wolverinebuckman
500 Club

Unread postby wolverinebuckman » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:00 am

crustyhunts wrote:Thanks for the responses and feedback. I will try to use a link to google photos. Please let me know if anyone can see this. If so please give me some feedback on how you would attatck this spot. Thanks

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mtfEbQWngAGc3Cit2

Yes, I can link to your photo.
I'm not the one to advise, I'm still learning too, but I think you are going to need to give factors like property accessible points and wind direction you would use to hunt these spots.
Also, looking at timeline photos where some of the cats are brown are a good way to see game trails to use as access routes, so you can approach from downwind.
Bummer of a birthmark, Hal.
crustyhunts

Unread postby crustyhunts » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:18 am

Great thanks for taking the time to answer. Glad the image post works through google photos. I can access this piece from where ever you think fit. We have predominantly a south west wind here. I will give it a look through google earth I haven't had toto much success with that piece yet. I will keep lookink. thanks again.

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”