Spraying Browse

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BKMississippi

Spraying Browse

Unread postby BKMississippi » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:11 am

Have any of you ever fertilized your browse? I'm trying to decide if it would be worth it or not. The feed store has some triple 10 concentrate that I was thinking about using to spray the edges of our roads and lanes. It's so thick here that half the time I'm hunting, I see more deer eating the browse than I do the thin strips we have planted. I'm probably going to do it to see what happens. It's always good to have something extra to occupy my time in the off season.

Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Re: Spraying Browse

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:38 pm

BKMississippi wrote:Have any of you ever fertilized your browse? I'm trying to decide if it would be worth it or not. The feed store has some triple 10 concentrate that I was thinking about using to spray the edges of our roads and lanes. It's so thick here that half the time I'm hunting, I see more deer eating the browse than I do the thin strips we have planted. I'm probably going to do it to see what happens. It's always good to have something extra to occupy my time in the off season.

Fertilizing browse can make a big difference in area's with poor food sources and nutrition. The deer find it quickly and take advantage of it.

In areas with varied and plentiful food, the impact is much less in the areas I hunt.
Twenty Up
500 Club

Re: Spraying Browse

Unread postby Twenty Up » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:06 pm

I'm thinking your best bet is to fertilize a known preferred browse plant (briar, privet hedge, buck thorn, wild radish, etc) and fertilizer/lime it and hunt it a week or two after. The deer are after the fresh, tender new growth which is brought on by the fertilizer.

To get your best results I'd fertilize them early season before frost sets in, & throw down some lime too so your plants can even uptake the fert you apply. Lime is cheaper than your basic triple 10 but just as important
Trust the Process~~ Lost Boys Outdoors ~~

YoutTube: https://youtube.com/channel/UC7TXknGut5WfZQ6CbddgqYg

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”