Public land property and attack plan

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

ReubenJ

Public land property and attack plan

Unread postby ReubenJ » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:37 am

Hey guys, i'm in need of a little advice/insight if possible. I hunted this piece of public land last year and had some great activity and sign. Unfortunately I have been unable to make a trip out to it this year in the offseason but i do plan on trying to go this weekend. Last year as i was hunting i noticed some buck beds and also saw a lot of deer movement in the woods, i used last year mainly as observation and the bucks i saw were 1.5 and 2.5 year olds, but i'm sure there are other bucks in there from the sign i have seen. Below are some photos i have put together and i would greatly appreciate any insight on what i have missed or just general thoughts on the best way to attack this property. Thanks!

This image is an overview. Running through the middle is an active railroad track that deer cross frequently. Also, on the right side is a main road. The red border follows along a river and the hillshading i put in there to show how flat this really is with the exception of off the sides of the railroad and road.

This one is of the north end of the property. Everything shown is from the railroad tracks up.

This one is of the south end of the property. Everything shown is from the railroad tracks up.

This is one where I labeled what I observed during last years season. I was guessing that the bucks will lay in those beds with their backs facing the railroad tracks so they can smell everything coming over from the other side and see in front of them. Am i correct in assuming this or could i be way off? There are some huge agriculture fields to the northeast and east. Is anyone seeing anything im missing? This area doesn't recieve pressure really at all until gun season rolls around which is usually mid november. I really appreciate all the help and insight!

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”