Bow hunting stand placement help.

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

FL-Cracker

Bow hunting stand placement help.

Unread postby FL-Cracker » Wed May 24, 2017 10:53 pm

http://s38.photobucket.com/user/rustinfeaster1/library/
Marker Legend:
Yellow- Property entrance
Blue- Known bedding
Red- Daytime trail cam photos

Elevation changes are 5'

Hey everyone I am new to the hunting beast. This season is going to be my first time in the woods with a bow, I have hunted my entire life but have never hunted close to bedding, my father was always a rifle hunter and did not go near bedding in fear of pushing deer off our property. That being said most of our stands are set up for 200+ yard shots. I have purchased 8 lock on stands and need some help finding locations to put a few on this small block to try and harvest a deer I believe to be 5yr old this season. I am familiar with thermals and how to read a Topo map but don't have any experience with how the topo will affect wind direction. Any advise you all can give me on stand placement would be much appreciated. This is private property it is roughly 800 acres that I share with 4 other guys. The picture shown is a small block of roughly 100 acres. It has planted pines with a creek bottom running threw it with mass crop oak trees surrounding most of the pines. This property is in central Georgia.
Last edited by FL-Cracker on Wed May 24, 2017 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FL-Cracker

Re: Bow hunting stand placement help.

Unread postby FL-Cracker » Wed May 24, 2017 11:05 pm

FL-Cracker wrote:<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/rustinfeaster1/embed/story"></iframe>

I'm not exactly sure if I posted the picture correctly the second link works if you copy and paste to the browser.

Marker Legend:
Blue- Known bedding

Elevation changes are 5'

Hey everyone I am new to the hunting beast. This season is going to be my first time in the woods with a bow, I have hunted my entire life but have never hunted close to bedding, my father was always a rifle hunter and did not go near bedding in fear of pushing deer off our property. That being said most of our stands are set up for 200+ yard shots. I have purchased 8 lock on stands and need some help finding locations to put a few on this small block to try and harvest a deer I believe to be 5yr old this season. I am familiar with thermals and how to read a Topo map but don't have any experience with how the topo will affect wind direction. Any advise you all can give me on stand placement would be much appreciated. This is private property it is roughly 800 acres that I share with 4 other guys. The picture shown is a small block of roughly 100 acres. It has planted pines with a creek bottom running threw it with mass crop oak trees surrounding most of the pines. This property is in central Georgia.
Get your children involved in the outdoors early and often! You won't regret it.
FL-Cracker

Re: Bow hunting stand placement help.

Unread postby FL-Cracker » Wed May 24, 2017 11:06 pm

Marker Legend:
Blue- Known bedding

Elevation changes are 5'

Hey everyone I am new to the hunting beast. This season is going to be my first time in the woods with a bow, I have hunted my entire life but have never hunted close to bedding, my father was always a rifle hunter and did not go near bedding in fear of pushing deer off our property. That being said most of our stands are set up for 200+ yard shots. I have purchased 8 lock on stands and need some help finding locations to put a few on this small block to try and harvest a deer I believe to be 5yr old this season. I am familiar with thermals and how to read a Topo map but don't have any experience with how the topo will affect wind direction. Any advise you all can give me on stand placement would be much appreciated. This is private property it is roughly 800 acres that I share with 4 other guys. The picture shown is a small block of roughly 100 acres. It has planted pines with a creek bottom running threw it with mass crop oak trees surrounding most of the pines. This property is in central Georgia.[/quote][/quote]
Get your children involved in the outdoors early and often! You won't regret it.

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”