Cattail swamp public land

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dloat

Cattail swamp public land

Unread postby Dloat » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:08 am

https://m.imgur.com/OHyZ3Qe

Just did a quick scout on this property last week and found some rubs at the red dot. What do you guys think about the island with the yellow dot? Also, need to set aside a day to get out to the blue dot as I can see all kinds of trails in the cattails from the pic and it looks like a nice location. What do you guys think? Thanks

hunter_mike

Re: Cattail swamp public land

Unread postby hunter_mike » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:18 am

All three spots look like potential buck bedding areas
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:21 am

I would definitely check out all 3 spots. I also think you should look at the point south of your blue dot.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:37 am

^^^ what these two said. Tgreeno is right about that little point too.

Looks like some promising stuff to me. How big is that island? If it's big enough id get out there with them. They'll bed on the downwind side. Could always try and catch them coming to the main land first, and if that doesn't work then try the island.
Dloat

Unread postby Dloat » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:25 am

Awesome, thanks guys. So glad I found this place, before I'd just find a trail with some sign on it and hope to get lucky posted up on it. Hopefully I'll get out there this weekend and see what's around, even though I'm only in New Jersey so our deer aren't anywhere close to the size some of you see. The island is only like 20-25 by 15-20 feet or so I'd say, so I was thinking of somewhere by the red dot for that spot like you said as they come to the mainland if they're there.

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”