How Would you hunt this property?

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

76chevy
500 Club

How Would you hunt this property?

Unread postby 76chevy » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:12 am

How Would you hunt this property? I would like to hear some thoughts and I will post up how I have been hunting it.

Red X's are buck bedding areas

Prevailing wind direction out of the SW shown by the red arrow, thermal effects seem to be minimal for the small changes in elevation

I scout this and my other properties year round on the ground, glassing fields, and with trail cams.

The RR tracks on the north end of this property make it nice to get into with a good wind. I have not seen much movement during the mornings, I think most of the deer have gone nocturnal after gun season. They likely are already in their beds when the sun comes up.

". . . there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun." --Fred Bear
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: How Would you hunt this property?

Unread postby dan » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:37 pm

My hunting positions would be very close to the buck bedding you have marked. As close as possible without being seen or heard.
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:03 pm

I don't know too much but it seems weird that they bed in that clearing on the far right of the picture. I'm with dan hunt close but not too close...I snuck into a new bedding area today that Dan pointed out to me on an aerial and got too close...hunt ruined :?
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
76chevy
500 Club

Unread postby 76chevy » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:07 pm

it's neck high CRP grass now, very thick and hard to see in when they are bedded in there

BackWoodsHunter wrote:I don't know too much but it seems weird that they bed in that clearing on the far right of the picture. I'm with dan hunt close but not too close...I snuck into a new bedding area today that Dan pointed out to me on an aerial and got too close...hunt ruined :?
". . . there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun." --Fred Bear
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:00 pm

In that case I would bed there too! :D Unrelated to the topic at hand but where do you get the topo/aerial overlay photos.
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:06 pm

In that case I would bed there too! :D Unrelated to the topic at hand but where do you get the topo/aerial overlay photos.

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”