New Ground

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

SEmnBowHunter73

New Ground

Unread postby SEmnBowHunter73 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:36 am

So im in the process of buying my dream hunting ground with my brother. It is 207 acres in houston co mn. I have been hunting the property since a young boy and have been managing for years. Once we become owners we will be able to do whatever we would like. One of the biggest problems i believe i have currently with the property is my access to different stand locations. My question to you guys is what would you do to make the property reach its greatest potential. I will try and get an ariel picture uploaded. There is a 35 acre ag field that is located on top of the ridge and gets rotated with corn and beans. There is a big valley that runs through the center of the property, than leads out to about 7 acres of open area with a couple tree lines. Its currently over grown grass and some crp. Some of my plans are to dig some more ponds and water holes, look into turning that 7 acres into a signed crp contract and putting some food plots in, and add some fruit (apple trees). I would also like to look into getting some of it logged and than do some tsi. Wondering what you guys would do to the property? Thanks

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”