Order Tree Seedlings through MO DNR

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Order Tree Seedlings through MO DNR

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:57 pm

Hey guys was tipped off to this website for ordering tree seedlings. It is through the Missouri DNR but they will sell out of state as well. I order 25 white oaks, 25 red pines, 25 norway spruce and 25 wild plums for 29 bucks plus tax and a 5 dollar handling fee...I got 100 tree seedlings between 1 and 3ft tall for a grand total of 35 dollars. There is a chance some species will sell out in which case they will contact you before billing and let you know. Anyhow this is a much better program than the WI DNR runs. The trees are supposed to be high quality and the prices are unbeatable. On average $8 for a package of 25 trees. Check it out! I'll most likely be ordering more. Click the link and scroll down to the seedling order forms and you can see all sorts of options. Good luck and happy planting its never too early to prepare for spring.

http://mdc.mo.gov/landwater-care/landow ... ing-orders

"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
Gardner Swamp
500 Club

Re: Order Tree Seedlings through MO DNR

Unread postby Gardner Swamp » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:43 pm

Do they charge you for shipping? I see they have the handling charge but no shipping.You would have to think they would charge for that? If not it looks like a good deal!
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:20 pm

according to the guys over on QDMA it was only 5.50 for shipping. It would seem that their DNR enjoys working with the people not profiting off them. Crazy theory eh?
huntinnurse
500 Club

Unread postby huntinnurse » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:04 am

Are you sure they can go out of state? This is from their site:

Seedlings are
•bareroot, one, two or three years old, depending on species
•available in single species bundles of 25 seedlings
for use in Missouri
•Seedling sizes vary greatly depending on species.
http://mdc.mo.gov/landwater-care/landow ... order-form
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.John 3:16 KJV
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:53 am

I would like to order some but it does say on the site for use in MO ???
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:37 pm

It does so I asked around on the QDMA forums and it would seem that they ship anywhere. I remember one post from a guy in Michigan saying "I really appreciate that they send them to me". It says MO only but I think the MO residents get first crack at the seedlings then whats left fills the orders of out of state people. At least that is what I've gathered. This is why they don't take payment from you til they are ready to ship your order. If they run out of something then you don't get it and you don't have to pay for it. Seems like a well run program. I submitted an order and based on what I've read am confident I will receive all of them.
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:13 pm

Hey Dan just wanted to give you a heads up, my bill/proof of order showed up in the mail at my house in Brookfield sometime in the last week. (funny how when you move out no one lets you know anything has arrived for you) But anyhow the order form indicated they have all my trees in stock and plan to ship them to me in April. They want my money by January 7th. I know you can order past that date but its on a first come first serve basis. So when I pay my fee those trees are mine. It seems like it won't be a problem. Best of luck to you.
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:20 pm

Bringing this to the top for the skeptical- I think you still could order some if you wanted, they cashed my check and my trees are on schedule to arrive mid april. I order 100 seedlings with cost of handling my final bill was $35.66 Can't beat that!

I will have:
25 wild plums
25 white oaks
25 red pine
25 norway spruce

going in the ground at the end of april

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”