Need wind direction advice for this weekend!

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Footballer

Need wind direction advice for this weekend!

Unread postby Footballer » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:11 am

Footballer wrote:I have two topos here with my stand locations in read. The other color is my entrance and exit route. The green is a big clover field. Both of these setups are for gun hunting. If you disagree with my stand locations feel free to let me know.

This one is on the rim of a large acorn flat where the deer bed. I'm hunting a funnel that bottles the travel of deer going into and out of the flat. Also, deer bed in the marsh just below it and travel the edge of it. I was thinking a south wind that will blow my scent into the large valley to the right. But I thought bucks might scent check the flat more if the wind was from the north.

This stand is in a killer location. It's surrounded by mountains above it but several deer bed and travel this area with all the points and logging roads cutting around. My stand will be on the end of a point overlooking the valley and the other points across the valley. I have found that more deer use the opposite points and logging roads. I was thinking a south wind in my face would have the deer bedding on the opposite points in front of me.

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”