a little help with my plan?

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

bowmike
500 Club

a little help with my plan?

Unread postby bowmike » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:58 am

This is where I plan on doing most of my hunting. The bedding point on the left is where there is also a nice patch of oak. I have trail cam pics of deer using this. The big boys are waiting until dark or early morning.

This area is behind my house. The point and rise on the right has a small strip mine field. Decent cover and such. I have pictures of a real nice buck the 11 point on both the bedding point on the right (11 pm) and on a small spring seep on the left hillside right about where the 2100' elevation point is at 5 am.

The other day my boy and I went spotting in the large filed and had a real nice buck (I feel bigger than the 11) run out in front of us just below the plus sign on the map. Given the intel I have gathered it seems like the bucks might be bedding on the left side of the ridges, and feeding at the houses with apple trees, and the acorns on the other part at night, also the larger strip mine field. Now I know a lot of guys are hunting the left side, and not a whole lot of guys on the right. If you look towards the top of the aerial image it appears there is another smaller field. There is actually a thick row of pines that separate the larger field and the smaller field. I think the big boys might jet out of the top, and use that pines to get to the other side, versus crossing that wide open field. I think my game plan will be to hunt the acorns early on opening day. If nothing happens, I think I may hunt that pinch point at the bottom of the field, and hope that someone hunting the top may spook one of those bucks and he may come down through that patch of pines into the other section of woods.

I had the reverse happen last year in rifle where I set up anticipating spooked deer coming off of that right side, and using that patch of pines to get across to the other side. It worked perfectly but a foggy scope kind of ripped me off. LOL

So just asking for a little help dissecting my plan and maybe figuring out where you guys feel that these bucks are coming from. I am betting they are bedding off of the mini swamp/pond on the left side, and staging in the clearcut, before entering the strip mine field at dark, and crossing over to the right side.

NEXT YEAR I' HOLDING OUT FOR A BIG ONE!!

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”