opinions on stand sites

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

buckyforever

opinions on stand sites

Unread postby buckyforever » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:30 pm

hey guys, I'm looking for a little advice. in the maps, I have put our current stand sites (ones set up for videoing, there are still a couple of single stands), the one in yellow is the one I have a question about. This past saturday my hunting partner and I got busted by the buck we've been watching all summer and fall. All was going well until my cameraman had to readjust and he scraped his boot on the stand when the buck was at 20 yards but on the wrong side of the tree. So the buck saw us and got out of there in a hurry. I am thinking about moving the stand to one of the two blue dots, he came along the field edge right past the lower dot and walked in the woods at the upper blue dot. I'm thinking that if we can get another morning with a SW wind that these sites might give us another chance at him.

In addition to that, I'm curious as to what you thought of our stand placements and where we could improve. I've outlined the property with a green line and put food plots in pink. The topo map isn't the same size as the regular map, but the fields are the flat areas and you can kind of get the idea what you are looking at.

I have been hunting this property for 3 years now and I am finally starting to get it figured out but if you can help point me in the right direction to where you think there might be some bedding areas that would be great as well.

thanks,
Mike
map.jpg
topo map.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

buckyforever

Re: opinions on stand sites

Unread postby buckyforever » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:06 am

anyone?
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:29 am

Thats a hard property to read without walking it... However, I would suggest hunting more mobile and moving set ups daily to keep the buck from figuring you out.
buckyforever

Unread postby buckyforever » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:27 pm

yeah, it has been a struggle the last 3 years. We are constantly learning new things about the property, like the northwest corner of the property really heats up for the rut. My hunting partner shot a 132" 9 pt on Saturday afternoon and we had a lot of activity from the little guys this morning.

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”