New Chunk

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Chooch

New Chunk

Unread postby Chooch » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:02 am

New chunk of public land that holds some potential. Stalked it only once this year and was amazed at the sign I found. On the other side of the road is a whole mess of public with good hunting to boot. This little chunk to the East seems to be pretty vacant. Here's a little map I messed around with in Microsoft Paint.

Blue - Rubs (1-3 y/o) all leading into the swamp.
Red - Potential stand locations
Light Blue - Potential deer routes

With peak chasing right around the corner, I'm really hoping that Northern most stand site is void of anything human-related. I haven't scouted up there to the north so I don't know what to expect. Assuming there was a West wind, and assuming there are doe that bed on the North Island, I think that 'Corner' stand could be a winner. word on the street is there are a couple bruisers running around 'South' of that road to my North.

I'm even more interested in the swampy red brush area, its got a bunch of miniature islands for me to scout in the offseason. Cool chunk of property for sure.

Indianahunter
500 Club

Re: New Chunk

Unread postby Indianahunter » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:26 am

Looks like a nice little chunk...good luck and keep us posted!
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:00 am

Looks like a nice find.
Wrinkleneck
500 Club

Unread postby Wrinkleneck » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:13 pm

Way to get after it and find a new chunk to hunt. I hope you can find a little honey hole for yourself in there.

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”