Here we go again! New area for this year

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

maukings

Here we go again! New area for this year

Unread postby maukings » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:17 pm

Went scouting for the first time today. It's hot! Big difference from second late season freezing my off. Now I'm dealing with bugs lol. This is my first time out in the woods during Summer and I was pretty intimidated by the amount of foliage. It's impossible to get through without making a lot of noise. How do you guys do it? Just push on? I want to hit this place on opening day and I felt a bit uneasy wandering off too far down the trail. There was not a soul in this place and with the amount of foliage I kept think predator was about to jump on me from the trees. My hand was on my knife the whole time lol. Is it worth getting a trail cam and putting it in public land? I've been thinking about it.

I took a stab at the bedding areas based on what I learned at Dan's workshop but I gotta say it's a lot harder to see them with the amount of green i'm seeing. Any suggestions other than manning up lol?

Thoughts on possible beds and some help with the second map please.

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”