The Amish are buying everything....

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

GRUD
500 Club

Re: The Amish are buying everything....

Unread postby GRUD » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:31 am

They like money, offer them a cheap lease to hunt.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

cbay
500 Club

Unread postby cbay » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:14 pm

We bought our place from Amish. They moved back to Wisconsin for work and rented it out until sold.
They ended up selling for a lot less than they paid. A lot more deer on our place now. ;)
Scout.  Learn.  Hunt
tcop7
500 Club

Re: TheAmish are buying everything....

Unread postby tcop7 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:11 pm

BassBoysLLP wrote:Is this a bad thing? The Amish are better than most when it comes to giving permission to hunt. :whistle:

YMMV

Around my area they don't allow normal civilians to hunt their properties. They only allow other Amish. A guy that lives just down the road has had a ton of problems this year with the Amish boys running all over his land that butts up to their land.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
[glow=green]Experience Is What You Get When You Didn't Get What You Wanted![/glow]

[glow=blue]McLaughlin Athletic Center[/glow]
[glow=blue]Northwest Ohio's Youth Sports Complex![/glow]
[dropshadow=blue]Visit us at --->[/dropshadow]http://www.macgymohio.com/ [dropshadow=blue]<---[/dropshadow]
tcop7
500 Club

Unread postby tcop7 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:17 pm

Stanley wrote:They are infiltrating some of the areas I hunt. I heard from a fairly reliable source that if a Bishop in an area is lenient others move into that area. I mean they have bobcats and a lot of other fuel powered stuff in some territories. I don't understand the concept of driving a buggy to get to an area to run a bobcat? I see some of the houses have wind operated compressors to operate electric generators in a house? If you see a house with a lot of 1000 gallon LP looking tanks and a tall wind vain that is what they are doing. :?

The ones around here are allowed to use electricity but it can only be in their barns not their houses. All of them have smartphones. They mow their yards with gas powered weedwhackers. And a lot of them pay people with vans and big trucks to drive them around. They are far from what I would consider "true" Amish. But yet they still don't have to pay taxes. Doesn't make sense to me.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
[glow=green]Experience Is What You Get When You Didn't Get What You Wanted![/glow]

[glow=blue]McLaughlin Athletic Center[/glow]
[glow=blue]Northwest Ohio's Youth Sports Complex![/glow]
[dropshadow=blue]Visit us at --->[/dropshadow]http://www.macgymohio.com/ [dropshadow=blue]<---[/dropshadow]
Haus86

Unread postby Haus86 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:28 pm

BassBoysLLP wrote:Is this a bad thing? The Amish are better than most when it comes to giving permission to hunt. :whistle:

YMMV

Yep!

kurt

Unread postby kurt » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:17 pm

I was in process of gaining access on a Amish/mennonite place but things got weird. I went to talk to Levi and ones of his boys and he said he is in Mexico. I said mexico Mexico? He shook his head yes. I said how did he get their? He does plane noise and flies his hand across my face. I said I'll come back in a few weeks.
So I come back talk to same boy and he tells me dad's in the house breeding ma. I politely left even though he offered to get dad.

utica19

Unread postby utica19 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:30 pm

kurt wrote:I was in process of gaining access on a Amish/mennonite place but things got weird. I went to talk to Levi and ones of his boys and he said he is in Mexico. I said mexico Mexico? He shook his head yes. I said how did he get their? He does plane noise and flies his hand across my face. I said I'll come back in a few weeks.
So I come back talk to same boy and he tells me dad's in the house breeding ma. I politely left even though he offered to get dad.

That there made me laugh out loud

BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:04 am

kurt wrote:I was in process of gaining access on a Amish/mennonite place but things got weird. I went to talk to Levi and ones of his boys and he said he is in Mexico. I said mexico Mexico? He shook his head yes. I said how did he get their? He does plane noise and flies his hand across my face. I said I'll come back in a few weeks.

:lol:

Good story.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:45 am

:? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”