Hill Country in a county park? Where would you hunt??

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Putt4Doe

Hill Country in a county park? Where would you hunt??

Unread postby Putt4Doe » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:31 pm

Hey guys -

I live near a big city, and due to the booming deer herd, they open up the parks to bowhunting. I'm curious to learn how you guys would implement the Beast system on this specific park - and where and why you would look for beds and set up stands.

As far as hunting pressure goes - only people that have applied and been accepted into the archery group for this specific park are able to hunt it - so there are about 25 guys hunting here.

As far as HUMAN pressure - there are people in the park every day. The yellow dotted lines are path's through the trail.

The park is somewhere around 400 acres and surrounded by houses. I had a hard time getting the whole park on one frame, so I had to do continuous ones... sorry if it's tough to read.

Thank you guys very much for the help. I'm really enjoying learning this style of hunting - and am starting to have it pay off! The pictures should be in order of north to south of the park.... Thanks again!

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Hill Country in a county park? Where would you hunt??

Unread postby dan » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:49 am

Those pics don't do a lot for me... And honestly, the situation you have would most likely put mature bucks in classic over looked spots due to the amount of human presence. This can be fairly hard for someone unfamilar to the park to see on a map...
I would expect the biggest bucks to be along the edges of the park near the houses in areas where people rarely walk. If there is wet areas like swamp or marsh that has standing water I would expect them in those spots to on little humps just high enough to keep them dry or islands.

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”