Spotted a good one

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

SEmnBowHunter
Facebook: Collin Slogmaster Giles

Spotted a good one

Unread postby SEmnBowHunter » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:15 am

Sorry for all the writing on the topo map, im at work and our computer doesn't have the same software as I have at my house. Anyways I was doing some glassing down on my farm last weekend and glassed a pretty good buck. Because I cant mark it I will try and explain it, I saw him just outside my property line in some alpha. There is a draw that cuts out of my property line the the west and he was just to the north of that draw. I know he is bedded on my property because I watched him walk out. Just curious where you guys may think he is bedded.Thanks

[img][IMG]http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac308/cgiles61773/shacktopo_zps8480bb11.png[/img][/img] [img][IMG]http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac308/cgiles61773/shack2013_zps69cc6c4b.jpg[/img][/img]

backstraps

Re: Spotted a good one

Unread postby backstraps » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:42 am

Reposted your pictures for you. What wind do you have the most? Or even better, any idea wind direction when you seen him?

SEmnBowHunter
Facebook: Collin Slogmaster Giles

Unread postby SEmnBowHunter » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:47 pm

Alright hopefully this helps. I glassed the buck on the 26th of July with a 10mph ssw wind. I was at the black dot and he was the red dot. I'm thinking hes bedded in one of the blue dots, but i dont know forsure which is why im asking for help.
chasemukluk

Unread postby chasemukluk » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:47 am

With a S, SW, my first thought would be the middle blue dot. However, I am no expert, just learning from this site.

What if you go in and hang a camera on the edge of the corn when you get a north wind. Maybe that will help you by seeing if he is exiting that center bed into the corn. Or, go in and check for his tracks along that corn.

Seems like a fairly small area for his bedding options, so you could find the food and hunt between those beds and his desired food.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:22 am

Red dots are were he most likely came from....the closer red dots are my best bet for a south southwest wind

[ Post made via Android ] Image
HUNT LIKE A BEAST

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”