CRP has me thinking

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

yungbuck
500 Club

CRP has me thinking

Unread postby yungbuck » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:04 pm

okay so I have been trying to understand one of my farm properties I hunt, and harvested a deer from last year
its holding bigger deer than I saw from the stand, but I am not sure how to get in on them. I have labeled the beans (2014 crop) and the crp in blue with a question mark because I am not sure how or if I should hunt it. it has a fenceline of thick schrubby trees that seperates the western edge of the crp from the bean field. Last year it held corn and it was obvious the deer passed through the fenceline to enter the corn. How would you hunt this parcel. Brown indicates where people have harvested deer, and the red x was my kill from this last year (yellow is my normal route to hunt with easterly wind). seemed like the wind was almost always north, East or NE last year.... seems like the more I read the more that CRP is becoming attractive to sit come next season espcially knowing it has a big oak in the middle of it ...thanks for any thoughts- let me know if you need more info or clarity

nothing but a simple minded god fearing public land bow hunter
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: CRP has me thinking

Unread postby dan » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:12 pm

In my opinion you can't come up with a plan till you figure out where there bedding. You seem to be to fixated with the crop fields.
yungbuck
500 Club

Re: CRP has me thinking

Unread postby yungbuck » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:30 pm

there is doe bedding north east of my harvest spot but i have not found buck beds...the buck i shot did get out of his bed but he was not mature so i am still trying to locate the ol buck bedding
nothing but a simple minded god fearing public land bow hunter

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”