Topo/Aerial suggestions

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

bigwoodsmn

Topo/Aerial suggestions

Unread postby bigwoodsmn » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:23 am

I like this particular area east of the N/S running road because people drive by it and keep going to logging areas further north. Water and dams keep cars and ATVs out of this area east of the road.

I labeled two dams and put #1, #2, #3 on some ridges - on the hybrid image. I know there are some big bucks in there. For example, a big one sometimes beds just NE of the first beaver dam, part way up that ridge #2. Big buck. I've also seen big sign in the wet bottoms running to SW of the east lake... (SE of ridge #2).

The squares are in miles. The elevation marks on the contour lines are in meters.

I could use some advice on ridges #1, #2, #3: maybe buck bedding ideas pre-rut, during rut, post-rut.. key elevations...

... and really, any other notable terrain features that might funnel movement during the rut... around the flowages by the dams, between ridges, near the lakes...

Here's a hybrid, aerial, and topo:

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Topo/Aerial suggestions

Unread postby dan » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:25 am

I would really expect the best bedding to be in the locations I marked in red... Thats not to say there are not other great spots along interior transitions, but these should be good... As far as rut spots, I would look just above the fathest north bed and think about hunting that ridge drop off on a west, OR s.w. wind

bigwoodsmn

Re: Topo/Aerial suggestions

Unread postby bigwoodsmn » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:53 pm

Thanks Dan

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”