late and last minute

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

yungbuck
500 Club

late and last minute

Unread postby yungbuck » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:23 am

so i just gained access to another property
hunted it hard over christmas and only saw deer before and after shooting hours (granted it was pouring cats and dogs and was really really warm). we have a cold front coming this weekend, and hoping to make the best of it. Wanted to gain your thoughts on how you would hunt this little property. from what the owner tells me the deer cross the rail road often, and so I am not sure where to set up on them since the rail road is not on his property. I found fresh rubs and tracks so I know its getting deer movement, or holding deer. I do not want to blow them out by scouting for beds until after season. Any advice would be appreciated! thanks yall

there is a road running parallel to the rail road on the south /west edge of property and it seems to be getting traffic from deer and turkey coming from the property on the other side of the rail road tracks from what I can tell
the mystery is where to set up on the path because to date (hunted 6 times) I have not seen a deer on the path, and do not want to burn myself by over hunting and them picking up on my sits. thanks

nothing but a simple minded god fearing public land bow hunter
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: late and last minute

Unread postby dan » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:44 am

My computor is down and I can't mark pics at the moment, but, I would expect the bucks to be bedding in the area you rave the red dot at on a west or south wind... And I would expect them to bed in the area just above the letters "BM" on anything from south to North-east... To hunt them simple pick a spot where the wind works along the trails coming out of those spots as close as possible.

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”