Finally

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

SEmnBowHunter
Facebook: Collin Slogmaster Giles

Finally

Unread postby SEmnBowHunter » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:15 pm

Well I've been hunting my family farm for 15 yrs. My dad owns the property with 3 brothers and an uncle who passed away last yr. We bought out his piece from his wife and now can really manage the property the way we would like. He never followed the rules "laws" so it was hard to do so. Just curious if you guys could do 3 things to a farm what would the top 3 be. My top 3 for this upcoming off season are. Posting and marking the boundary lines with no trespassing signs. Plant various kinds of food plots, (corn, beans, turnips radish's.) The last one is a tough one i want to put in more water holes, but I think im going to focus on my entry and exit routes using creek beds and ravines. Later on when i get more time i may post an ariel and topo's with some ideas! Thanks for your thoughts!!

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Finally

Unread postby dan » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:18 pm

Hard to say what I would do 1st without seeing the property...
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:23 pm

Post it... timber stand improvement... water to start. Then after that if u can clear a 5-10 acre "holding" food plot.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:28 pm

My top 3 improvements would be create better ground cover, maybe girdle some of the junk trees to get some sun light to the ground. Plant some some hybrid trees for fast growth and some hard wood trees for some slower growth. Food plots would be nice. I would also patrol the area when you are not hunting to keep people out. having the area posted won't keep out the renegade hunters. Only catching them and giving the boot will work. I would also recommend staying out when hunting season is open and you're not hunting. You don't want to push the deer off your property to the next guys property.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
SEmnBowHunter
Facebook: Collin Slogmaster Giles

Unread postby SEmnBowHunter » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:09 pm

Last edited by DEERSLAYER on Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed pic. Removed double img code
BigHills BuckHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BigHills BuckHunter » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:18 pm

Water up high in a strategic spot could produce big.

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”