Need Expert Opinions and Land Strategies and Layout

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

johndeere506
500 Club

Need Expert Opinions and Land Strategies and Layout

Unread postby johndeere506 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:54 am

I just recently discovered this site and just joined. I have never posted pics before, so hopefully this works. I posted a pic of my land, highlighted in yellow, stands marked in blue. I need some fresh perspective on how to hunt which stands and wind directions. Ive lived here for about 7 years, and Ive seen a lot, but Im trying to improve hunting strategy. For starters, I havent hunted this land yet, and will start this weekend since the big ones might start moving. Im looking for big bucks 3.5+, lots of doe to avoid in the area. Ive only shot 2 3.5 yr olds in 7 years, but have seen over 12 of them.

I have some pics of the land with less zoom, and another with the main observed deer paths drawn in.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

I struggle with wind directions, access and too many doe to bust me.

I didnt want to be too wordy, so please ask any questions that might help describe the land. Suburban forest/AG area.

johndeere506
500 Club

Re: Need Expert Opinions and Land Strategies and Layout

Unread postby johndeere506 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:56 am

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Need Expert Opinions and Land Strategies and Layout

Unread postby dan » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:47 pm

I marked some more stand sites in yellow, and circled what looks like a big buck bedding area in purple...
If I can be frank and to the point, I am not sure when your season starts? but I think a good plan on a property this small would be to spread the hunting out thru the whole season rather than pounding it when the rut gets here... I think each stand should not get hunted more than 3 times a year, hopefully less. Sure, you will not be hunting your property as much, but your hunts will be much better.

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”