Late Help

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

CountryboyNC

Late Help

Unread postby CountryboyNC » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:06 am

Hey guys n gals. Ive been sneaking through this site for awhile now, but finally posted with hopes of getting some help. I just returned home from a year in the middle east with the Army so I haven't had a chance to really scout or get permission to hunt. What I do have is a small piece of private land and an unused section of game lands, except for duck hunters once in awhile. if any of you guys could give me some help I would greatly appreciate it.Image This first image is the private land, its about 25 acres with no hunting pressure around. It has cow pastures to the south and a big swamp to the south east. The bottom right part of the land is open oak ridge, and what looks like open field around the pond is all grown up sapplings and is like walking through a wicker basket. There are a couple ladder stands on the west side of the cut over I have access to, plus my climbers, lock ons and ground blinds. The second photo is the public land. A lot of it is swamp surrounded by open hard woods and residential. I have jumped deer in there in the past, including a nice 8. Any help from you guys would be appreciated. Image

Riverdeer
Facebook: Drake Richie

Re: Late Help

Unread postby Riverdeer » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:19 am

by no means am I a expert or anything, but as soon as you saw the acorns start falling I would be hunting that oak ridge, after all acorns are a deers favorite food. hopeful others will chime in and help you, im just learinig my self
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:13 am

Bucks should be bedded within the area marked in red... I would look for sign coming out and hunt it close to bedding. After season I would get in there and find the beds and make a better plan.
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:24 am

red lines mark transitions with likely bedding. Blue dots represent possible areas to set up...

dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:36 am

CountryboyNC

Unread postby CountryboyNC » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:17 pm

Thanks Dan, for the life of my I cannot figure out where that second picture you took it located haha
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:35 pm

CountryboyNC wrote:Thanks Dan, for the life of my I cannot figure out where that second picture you took it located haha

Its the farthest north area you have marked as as swamp in your lower pic.
CountryboyNC

Unread postby CountryboyNC » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:10 am

figured it out after I opened my mouth, thanks so much for the help, its huge being I didn't have time to do homework this year. I was going to try to scout/hunt today, but we have 15 mph winds blowing right now, even with the 15 degree temp drop last night

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”