New spot for little Black Squirrel

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Black Squirrel
500 Club

New spot for little Black Squirrel

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:14 am

I recieved permission for my son to gun hunt this piece of property. Only the landowner and my son will be hunting. My son is 11 years old, so I will be tagging along with him :D. Where do you all think the best spots to hunt would be, during the youth hunt which is October 9th and 10th, and then on the gun opening weekend? The neighbors to the west put pretty good pressure on the deer during the 9 day gun season. Also, not sure yet where the landowner hunts.

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: New spot for little Black Squirrel

Unread postby dan » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:22 am

wmihunter

Unread postby wmihunter » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:06 pm

dan, are those bedding spots? how would you hunt these spots without spooking the deer bedded on them?
Wrinkleneck
500 Club

Unread postby Wrinkleneck » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:34 pm

Glad to hear you picked up a new spot for the little guy, I hope he smacks a big one!!
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:19 pm

That is awesome for yo and your son....Is that all woods or are there crop fields?
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:41 am

Indianahunter wrote:That is awesome for yo and your son....Is that all woods or are there crop fields?

Mostly woods, with a couple acres of alfalfa. The land owner, who lives on the property sent me a text yesterday at 7:15 am. He had 3 bucks, eating in the field about 50 yards from his house. One was a nice 10 pointer. All hard horned. :)
Wrinkleneck
500 Club

Unread postby Wrinkleneck » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:36 am

That had to have gotten your blood pumping when you recieved that text. Great news for you guys!!
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:27 pm

That's awesome! A lot of people I know are selective about what they will let their kids shoot. I say let them shoot whatever they want to shoot when it comes out. Teach them management but that comes with maturity, you have to create a love of the outdoors first then the rest follows naturally I think. Of course most of us grew up in different times and deer hunting was a very different sport compared to today, but if my dad would have made me hold out for certain deer, I don't know that I would be doing it today or had the same passion.
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:35 am

Indianahunter wrote:That's awesome! A lot of people I know are selective about what they will let their kids shoot. I say let them shoot whatever they want to shoot when it comes out. Teach them management but that comes with maturity, you have to create a love of the outdoors first then the rest follows naturally I think. Of course most of us grew up in different times and deer hunting was a very different sport compared to today, but if my dad would have made me hold out for certain deer, I don't know that I would be doing it today or had the same passion.

The landowner holds out for 3.5's or older., but has given my son the green light on anything he wants to shoot 8-) . Right now he claims he's not shooting a small one, but I think that could change if a small one comes by ;) He is definatley all fired up, and can't wait.
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:24 am

That is awesome, I am excited for you and your son!

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”