looking for some advice

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Michaelry989

Re: looking for some advice

Unread postby Michaelry989 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:41 am

DEERSLAYER wrote:
Black Squirrel wrote:
Michaelry989 wrote:
Bigdaddy-yoyo wrote:Deerslayer is from Mich.

nice!!! hes from the right side of lake michigan :D lol

Hey hey now! Easy does it. about 50% of us are from the state on the other side of the lake. ;) :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Right on Michaelry989!

I don't have a lot of time at the moment. I have to do my rounds to accomplish my moderator duties and run some errands, but I will catch up with you later and give you any help I can.

thats fine buddy im in no hurry for this year just trying to plan out for next year is all.

IS IT HUNTING SEASON YET????
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:39 am

As far as placement goes, if you post a topo I'm sure you will start getting some input on potential bedding fairly quick which will help determine plot locations. Also knowing where they will let you plant would be helpful. For example, fields only, woods only, just certain field edges? Knowing what kind of soil you have in each plot will be important to know once you figure out where they will be. Being in Iowa I'm guessing maybe a clay loam for flat land and loam to sandy loam on the hills. It's hard to say though. Could be anything.

As far as being to late for this year, it's still not to late to plant. Even if it's just some cereal grains. You could have something planted for this fall & it would be prepped for a late winter/spring frost seeding.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
Michaelry989

Unread postby Michaelry989 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:55 pm

DEERSLAYER wrote:As far as placement goes, if you post a topo I'm sure you will start getting some input on potential bedding fairly quick which will help determine plot locations. Also knowing where they will let you plant would be helpful. For example, fields only, woods only, just certain field edges? Knowing what kind of soil you have in each plot will be important to know once you figure out where they will be. Being in Iowa I'm guessing maybe a clay loam for flat land and loam to sandy loam on the hills. It's hard to say though. Could be anything.

As far as being to late for this year, it's still not to late to plant. Even if it's just some cereal grains. You could have something planted for this fall & it would be prepped for a late winter/spring frost seeding.

Lance i did post the new thread with the topo
IS IT HUNTING SEASON YET????
Southern Man
500 Club

Unread postby Southern Man » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:02 am

Michaelry989 wrote:....... i did notice an alarming number were from Wisconsin.....

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Yea us non-Wisconsiners are a minority!
You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”